PDA

View Full Version : Another vet visit for PEbbles

Booktigger
03-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Not happy with my little girl at the moment - she has taken to sleeping in the bathroom, and I initially thought it was cos of the rad, until I watched her try and get on the bed last night and fail - she doesn't try again, she just walks off. So, I put her on the bed, and have adjusted the quilt to help her. Just given her a good groom, and her shoulders are looking really prominent, and her hips and spine slightly so so I want to get her weighed. Have also just noticed that she has had hardly any fur growth from her trip to the emergency vets, which is nearly a month ago - and she is fighting me to check as well, not sure why, could just be her being her usual temperamental self, or could be uncomfortable. I really really hoped that she didn't have to have any more vet visits this year, but obviously not!!

Mags
03-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I hope it's nothing too serious BT.....:(

Fran
03-12-2006, 04:42 PM
:( Oh dear. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious BT

yola
03-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh I hope she'll be OK and it's just Pebbles being a bit difficult :) Fingers crossed for her and for you.

Elaine
03-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Awww poor Pebbles, she really has been through the mills this year. I hope its nothing to worry about and that she will be ok xxx

Kazz
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I too hope its nothing to wory about, sure it won't be.

Booktigger
03-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks - I dont think it is anything as such, esp not after normal blood test results a month ago, but anytime she is looking thin is a worry, as we have always had a weight battle - I have had her 2 years next month!! Most people get to go to the weight clinic cos of an overweight cat, I get to go for an underweight cat!!

Donna
03-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Hope Pebbles is feeling ok today x

alexgirl73
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Fingers crossed for her BT!

Booktigger
03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Cheers - she is still acting out of character, currently in the igloo in the front room - she never sleeps downstairs!!

smithdouglaswood
03-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Fingers crossed from us too.

Angie and the gang

Sweet
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
((((((hugs)))))) - really hope all is ok when she visits the Vets x

Booktigger
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Bit of a mixed vet visit really - no temp, nothing wrong with her leg, but she was slightly dehydrated and slightly snuffly. The fecal sample that I had cancelled was still done, and something on there, plus how she is at the moment (she just laid there while she had her temp took and 2 jabs, itwas only when we gave her a tab that she acted like herself) is making the vet wonder about pancreatitis - she has always been convinced that there was something underlying with her. But so far all tests have come back negative (and there has been a lot of them!!). She had only lost a small bit of weight though. Vet said there was no conclusive test for pancreatitis, and no real treatment, so she is on antibiotics and anti-inflams for a week and see how she goes. She was fine last night, she ate quite well, but this morning she didn't want to know, I have ended up putting her in the bathroom for the day with a plate of a/d, a bowl of dry (she seemed to tuck into that, but when I checked the level before leaving, it hadn't gone down that much), water and her tray. The reluctance to eat is a real worry at the moment, esp as the anti-inflams are in there. I have no idea how I am going to get her meds down her tonight!!

Mags
05-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Poor girl doesn't sound at all well BT :(

Cassie had tripancreatitis two years ago and had to be hospitalised for 5 days. She had a high tenperature, stopped eating and drinking, she didn't go to the toilet and she just didn't move. She was immediately put on a drip, had ABs and appetitie enhancers. At one stage, we nearly lost her where she was so ill but thank goodness she gradually pulled through.

My vet said there was no real cause for it, just that it can happen any time to cats:(
I really hope Pebbles picks up soon......

Fran
05-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Really hope the vets can get to the bottom of Pebbles' problems BT x

borderdawn
05-12-2006, 08:25 PM
If she does have pancreatitis its extremely painful, so she must be feeling rough poor little thing. Hope she picks up soon BT.
Dawn.

dandysmom
05-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry they can't give you a definite diagnosis. Poor girl, I hope she perks up and starts feeling bteter very soon; it's so worrying for you........:cry:

alexgirl73
05-12-2006, 10:54 PM
fingers crossed for her BT, hope you're holding up ok under all the strain.

Booktigger
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
WEll, she is going back to the vets tonight, still no real interest in eating - although every time I give her something new, she shows an interest, so I think seh will be fine, and then doesnt' touch the second half I put down!! She keeps lying in the food bowls to get away from me encouraging her to eat as well. She is eating more dry than wet, but until last night, no sign of drinking, which isn't good in an already dehydrated cat!! She will eat a bit more if I hand feed her, but as soon as i try and get her to eat on her own she wont, which is a real worry with me working full time. I need the vet to be straight with me as to how good her chances are of beating this, esp as she has been on meds since Mon and no real improvement. To make matters worse, I went through something similar this time 2 years ago, and that didn't have a positive outcome, I do hope history doesn't properly repeat itself, but it is also bringing back some unpleasant memories, and making me feel even more down about it all. Plus a doc's visit and a power cut for 13 hours this week, so not having a good time, and certainly dont want to be at work.

Fran
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM
{{{Big hugs}}} BT x

Booktigger
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I did, and it was a bit of a mixed visit really. Vet thinks she is looking better, but still miserable, and her tummy is still sore, but bloods and x-ray done a month ago showed nothing, but she did say that certian things like tumours wouldn't necessarily show up on an x-ray. She has given her a jab, and given me some stronger meds tomorrow, but wont commit to a prognosis either way, she has just said we will have to see how she is after these meds - which is exactly the same as Snowy. The main problem with Pebbles is that she is such a difficult cat, a lot of the things that they can do to try and help her feel better would require sedations (Which I wouldn't be happy with, she has had waay too many this year), and put stress on her, which is something that needs avoiding with pancreatitis, so we have limited options as to how to treat her. She has eaten more today, but I am not getting too optimistic about it, esp not seeing as some of what she has eaten was after a jab at the vets, and the fact that she isn't getting most of the antibiotics, she is fighting more now and that results in her foaming at the mouth - again, so similar to Snowy.

alexgirl73
07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
oh BT, I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time with Pebbles. (((hugs))) and I really hope that she shows some sign of improvement soon!

Booktigger
07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks a lot. She has just bitten me 3 times for trying to pick her up, not sure if that is a good sign or not!!

Booktigger
10-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Things have been so mixed since my last post, we have one good meal, then back to bad. I still dont konw if I am diong the right thing trying to get her through this, with everything else she has had this year, and the fact that she might end up with another, more severe bout of this. Will have to see what the vet has to say I think.

Booktigger
12-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Sad news, I'm afraid, I had to let her go last night. She was more dehydrated, her tummy felt worse, her bladder wasnt feeling good, she was wheezy and she was very clearly miserable as she didn't bite the vet!! I did have 2 other options, one to have her reffered for loads of x-rays and scans as the vet was convinced it was a tumour that was causing all these issues, it was obvious that there was something underlying with her, the other one was to try steroids, but there was no guarantees it would do anything, and no guarantees that even if it cleared this up that she wouldn't have a setback in the future, so I couldn't put her through it. So, me and the vet agreed that the kindest thing was to let her go, so her pain and suffering is over now. RIP little one, we beat so many things, but I always knew that there was going to be something we couldn't beat, as much as I knew deep down this was it, it is still hard to believe that this is how it has ended - a month short of 2 years with you.

Fran
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh BT, I am so very sorry to hear this :( You did the very best you could for her all the way along this long road and now you have given her the best gift you could of a peaceful end..

My thoughts are with you today {{{Hugs}}}

RIP Pebbles, sleep well without pain x

Mags
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh dear BT, I'm so very sorry to hear this :( You have tried very, very hard to get her back to good health but it was not to be :(

She has been freed with kindness from all pain ((((hugs))))

RIP dear Pebbles ...... xx

Sweet
12-12-2006, 05:39 PM
:( oh no......

I am sorry to be reading this :( R.I.P. Little Pebbles x

alexgirl73
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM
BT, my heartfelt sympathies to you. I know how hard you have tried with Pebbles and it must be so hard for you at the moment, but you have done the right thing for her.....

RIP little one, run free.

dinahsmum
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM
So sorry to hear this BT but I'm sure you've done the right thing. Your final responsibility, your final priviledge, to ensure a quiet passing.
x

Elaine
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Desley, I am so very sorry.
You and Pebbles have been through alot in a short space of time. You did right by her and set her free, you wanted the best for her and now she is free of pain and suffering.
Big hugs to you Des xxx
R.I.P. Pebbles, sweet dreams xxx