PDA

View Full Version : Torties and tabbies skin ?

logoes
02-12-2006, 02:20 PM
On another site I have read that someone's vet told them that the skin of torties and tabbies is different to the other cats and can take longer to heal following an operations e.g. spaying, Has anyone else heard this - is it true? Logoes

Fran
02-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I have never heard this?? Can't say that I have ever noticed any difference and over the years I have had a few torties and tabbies :?

Donna
02-12-2006, 02:40 PM
The only thing I can say is that Chloe, my tortie, has patchwork coloured skin like her fur!! Both my cats done at same time and both healed the same.

dinahsmum
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I've had a tortie and didn't notice any difference in her healing rate to any other cats I've known.
Don't vets say funny things sometimes? Why would a vet say that? To out an owners mind at rest over slow healing? To cover up a poor repair job? Because someone told them the same story once? :smt017

Mags
02-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Like Donna's Chloe, Cassie has patchwork skin (love the description Donna!:D ).......... pink and black:cool:

Sweet
02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Yep, patchwork skin here too, but they seemed to heel quickly x

dandysmom
02-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I've had two blue torbies and a tortie; all had patchwork skin...the stripes show up so well where they've been shaved! ...and they all seemed to heal after spaying quite normally. Never heard of this before.

logoes
04-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, it's interesting about the patchwork skin. I never had a tortie, just tabbies and their skin seemed to be all the same colour I think, Now I have a black, must examine her skin - if she'll let me. Logoes