PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggghhh - Bernard has sprayed for the first time

charliebubs
30-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Last Sunday night I spotted another cat in my garden, which is quite an achievement for the cat as my garden is cat-proofed and enclosed!! As I went outside it had managed to squeeze through a tiny gap in the cat-proofing and escape. All my lot were sat there in amazement though at this new and strange cat!!

We sorted out the little gap so that none of my lot could get any ideas about escaping and went back inside.

Later that night when we were sat watching TV Bernard came into the lounge and sprayed a very small amount onto the pouffe (not sure if that's how you spell it!!!). I washed it off with some washing-up-liquid and warm water straight away.

There have been no problems since, but when I got home from work last night my living room smelt of cat pee. I couldn't see any pee anywhere else so presumed that it must be the pouffe. Perhaps from Sunday or perhaps Bernard has had another spray on there if I hadn't cleaned it properly.

So, I washed the pouffe as well as I could (the cover doesn't come off unfortunately) with 10% detergent diluted and have left it to dry today.

Fingers crossed that it will do the trick.

Do you think I should get a Feliway plug in as well though, just to be safe!?!?!?

I've never seen any other cats in the garden before and there has never been any spraying before, but I'm worried that this may be the start of something and want to make sure that I nip it in the bud!!

Charlie
x

alexgirl73
30-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I would go for the feliway just to be on the safe side Charlie. Bernard is obviously feeling upset at another cat being on 'his' territory. Hope you manage to get it sorted, there's nothing quite like the 'odour de cat pee' fragrance is there!