PDA

View Full Version : Corned Beef

Rosie
28-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Is there just one thing your cats will not eat? As I have probably told you all hundreds of times little Alfie will eat absolutely anything including he is given, scrounge or steal, bits of curry, Italian, Chinese, cake:shock: etc etc etc (all with no ill effect) so therefore you would think he would love corned beef as both my other cat and dog both do but no, will not touch a morsel. I would love to know why.

Tanya
28-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I think corned beef is horrible too, so you cant blame the poor boy! ;)

I havent found anything Oli doesn't like yet. The most unusual thing he likes is probably chocolate mousse (we caught him licking the tub out after we had just ate it!!)

tilly
28-11-2006, 10:29 AM
My Tilly loves malteasers!! As does buster but they have to be rationed.

Sally

teenytiny
28-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Maltesers!!!!!

Corned beef is nasty ewwwwww its really fatty, maybe thats why he doesnt like it!

yola
28-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I have to agree there - corned beef is rank, your cat's got good taste LOL!!!

My 3 aren't too fussed by human food; occasional prawns, chicken and cheese and that's about it. Oh, and Balie likes poppadoms and doritos :shock:

I'd be careful with chocolate . . . I don't think it's particularly good for either cats or dogs (human chocolate that is)

Mags
28-11-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't like corned beef either, I find it very salty .......

Fran
28-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't like corned beef either, I find it very salty .......

I love corned beef especially in stew :cool:

Rosie
28-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi Fran

I love corned beef in potato pie.

andrew021
29-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Stop! Don't give your cat that chocolate!

"Where's the harm? My cat seems to enjoy chocolate and it's only a small piece."

Just because certain foods, such as chocolate, are enjoyed by humans and are perfectly safe for us, it does not mean they are suitable for cats. Chocolate contains chemicals which rarely cause problems for humans, but for cats and other domestic pets, these chemicals can, in rare cases, be deadly.

One problem is that some cats find chocolate very tasty and so it is important not to feed it to them, even the smallest piece, otherwise they may eat what you give them up to the point where it harms them.

Chocolate contains the compound theobromine which is a diuretic as well as a cardiac stimulant. This can cause the pet's heart rate to increase or it may cause the heart to beat irregularly, both of which can be dangerous for the animal.

kado
05-12-2006, 06:27 PM
All my cats love corned beef. They get treated to prawns once a week when we do our shopping. They rush straight to the fridge and wait there untill we give them some. They dont like any other fish though