PDA

View Full Version : Back pain? - sit back .....

dinahsmum
28-11-2006, 09:41 AM
This is an interesting study, which says that sitting straight or leaning forward puts unnecessary strain on our backs and we should, instead, lean back a little. There's a report and diagram here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6187080.stm

So, sit back and relax with Catsey! :)

Fran
28-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Interesting study DM! I am not sure that I could write and work at a desk etc..at the 135 degree angle :? Hubby drives the car at this angle but I have to be absolutely upright when I drive...interesting!

Mags
28-11-2006, 12:01 PM
That's interesting DM, I'm guilty of leaning forward .......and slouching :oops:

I'll remember to lean back in future........ but you'll have to excuse my mistakes on here! ;):lol:

Sweet
28-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I am currently leaning forward reading this post and slouching and I havn't even read the article yet :oops: x

dandysmom
28-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm a lean-forward and sloucher too! Couldn't read or type unless I was in that position! I tend to have upper back pain...well, more discomfort than actual pain ...and have been doing an exercise that I read about when I was researching it on Google. Stand erect, raise your shoulders as high as you can, then move them back as far as you can and sloely lower. Been doing this for about a month, and back is better...works for me!