PDA

View Full Version : I saw my own cat get hit by a car that didnt stop :(

teenytiny
26-11-2006, 03:44 AM
I was out walking my dogs and from a distance on the main road I saw a car driving at normal safe speed, but it hit a cat. The cat ran to the pavement and died instantly. No blood, or any other obvious injuries. I went straight over to the cat but my dogs were playing me up so I quickly took them in ( it happend at the end of my road )

I ran back down to the bottom of the road, after not being able to find my Bobby. I ran over to the cat. I broke down there and then. It was MY cat. My eyes are filling up writing this now. I cant beleive I saw my own cat get killed.

My husband came down and carried him home. We sat with him on our laps for almost 2 hours. Me and my husband cried and cried. We burried him in our garden, and placed his blanket in with him. My daughter drew him some pictures which we placed in his grave with him. I have planted a nice plant on his grave and my husband made him a cross.

I will never come to terms with what I saw.

Many thanks for letting me share this with everyone. We will miss him so much, and we have his dad who is missing him like crazy.

Sleep well Bobby xxx

dinahsmum
26-11-2006, 10:13 AM
I am so, so, sorry for you.
Take small comfort in the fact that it was instant.

.......... and hope the ******* who didn't stop gets a puncture in the pouring rain when he's wearing his best suit.

Mags
26-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I am so sorry, that is so sad, I felt choked reading it......:cry:

RIP Bobby......run free little one..... xx

Fran
26-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I am so very sorry :cry:

RIP Bobby x

borderdawn
26-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Thats an awful thing to have happened. Very sorry.
Dawn.

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 01:30 PM
That is so tragic! I feel so much for you right now. Please take comfort from the fact that we are all grieving with you.

RIP little one!

Kazz
26-11-2006, 03:19 PM
What a terrible thing to happen. The saving grace is that at least you know what happened and that it was quick.
Take care and so sorry.

logoes
26-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh, I am so terribly sorry for you. we have had several cats die as the results of RTAs, I too came home from shopping and saw a cat lying in the middle of the road, it was one of mine. Three weeks later there was a ring at the door and a gentleman - in every sense of the word - asked if the ginger cat he had just hit was mine, it was, he even offered to fetch GT in for me. I buried GT next to Sam.

Be thankful that it was over so quickly, you will never get over it, but it does get a little easier with the passing of time. Logoes

yola
26-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Oh my. I'm so terribly sorry. It must be one of the worst possible things that could happen :cry: Please feel free to talk about it as much as you need to - sometimes just pouring it all out over and over can make a difference.

Hugs and deepest sympathies and RIP sweet Bobby :cry:

Naomi
26-11-2006, 07:40 PM
So sorry to hear about Bobby :(

What a terrible thing to happen and to wittness aswell :(

teenytiny
26-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Many thanks for all your sympathys. It still hasnt sunk in yet that he's gone. I'm even saying good morning and good night to his grave each day.

Hopefully each day it will get better.

Naomi
26-11-2006, 08:08 PM
It'll take time and we're here if you need us.

Kim
26-11-2006, 10:23 PM
How awful for you to witness this. I felt so choked reading your post. RIP to your little cat. At least he died quickly and didn't suffer on his own. ((hugs)) to you and your family.

Donna
26-11-2006, 10:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. What an awful shock for you. I hope in time it becomes easier x

RIP little one x

Sweet
27-11-2006, 09:28 AM
R.I.P. Little One x

Booktigger
27-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, RIP little one.

janey83
28-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Omg, thats awful. Im so sorry, R.I.P Bobby

1987tetley
29-11-2006, 08:28 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Bobby it is awful to see a cat hit but even worse to find it is your own. I understand how you feel as i lost my 10 mth old girl Indie 4 weeks ago, again the driver did not stop but fortunately i did not see it happen. Someone picked her up and put her on my doorstep. R.I.P Bobby and Indie xxx

smithdouglaswood
29-11-2006, 09:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss of Bobby, how awful for you, in time it will be easier.

Take care and big hugs.

RIP Bobby

Angie and the gang