PDA

View Full Version : brothers fighting

CathyW
25-11-2006, 08:28 PM
last night went to bed, had the bedroom door open as normal so the boys can wander in and out as they want, well was just nodding off when they started fighting badly, they ran into the hallway, ive given chase and had to separate, luckily no bloodshed, but i had to seprate them.
think it was over who wanted to sit on the window sill :roll: its a big windowsill so room for both of them.
but it was a nasty fight, they have had their dust ups normal kitty ones .but this was nasty. hopethey dont carry on doing this as one will get hurt badly, and it will probally be reggie, hes already got a few scraps on him from ronnie, all i can think of when they are fighting is flap a towel at them the noise breaks it it,
but any other suggestions will be helpfull.
oh they have been done, is it coming up to mating season???? as they get silly for a few weeks, whos trying to dominate who. worse than kids

Kazz
25-11-2006, 08:53 PM
My two used to fight they were brother and sister both "done" so no mating issues there but they fell out sometimes fur all over the place but made up just as quickly no idea what over sometimes but they always made up afterwards.
I just used to (when I got there in time) sometimes they'd fight by the time I got there all I'd have is fur they'd have legged it out the catflap or one would have taken up residence in a "hiding place" and the other would loose interest. But on the occasions I did intervene I always found clapping my hands or dropping something on the floor worked.

Other than that I became good at spotting the signs and found food always side tracked them :)

dinahsmum
26-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Hopefully they'll work out the pecking order and the weaker one will accept his place in life.

Fran
26-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Claude and Clooney very occasionally have a tiff like you have described. Most of the time they curl up together and even go walkabouts outside together but once in a while for no apparant reason fur flies?? I just shout and clap my hands at them and they tend to make a run for it in different directions :lol: No sooner has all this happened then they will be found sitting grooming each other :roll:

CathyW
26-11-2006, 04:13 PM
they are mates again now, last night they where great, OH was banished to the sofa (snoring LOL) and the 2 boys slept with me, taking turns in making a fuss of me, i think alot of it is possiveness towards me, they both think they are mummys boys, and i do give them loads of fuss. worse than kids some times LOL
but thanx for the info.