PDA

View Full Version : Rain in my Heart

dinahsmum
22-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Did anyone see this programme on alcoholics/alcoholism last night? I watched the beginning last night and taped the rest and have just watched it now. Stark, bleak, desperate stuff. It should be required viewing for anyone take in by the cops/ambulance after falling down drunk in the street.
I feel so fearful for so many young people who drink so, so much. Who go out with the sole intention of getting falling-down, forgetting everything, drunk.
There were young people on the programme. A 26 year old (woman) who died during the making of the programme and a 29 year old chap, who was bright and articulate and then shambling, wretched and broken, depending on whether there was a drink in him or not. He was pouring half pints of red wine, downing them in one .... and throwing it straight back up into a bin at his side.
Oh my, what a way to start the day .... really depressing.

Kim
22-11-2006, 06:19 PM
No didn't see it DM, sound very sad.

yola
22-11-2006, 07:16 PM
I saw a bit, about the older guy in hospital with liver failure. I kind of sway between feeling sorry for these people and being angered by them. People with little/no self control do annoy me as I find it quite hard to comprehend, but I guess that's just the intollerant streak in me.

dandysmom
22-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Not shown over here, but sounds very depressing: binge drinking is a definite problem here with college-age youth!

alexgirl73
22-11-2006, 10:52 PM
I didn't watch it, but the story is so familiar nowadays! As well as sex education in schools, there should be a greater emphasis on warning kids about the dangers of binge drinking. They talk about taking drugs, so why not teach them this?