PDA

View Full Version : What a handsome chap-English Springer Spaniel.

Luke
21-11-2006, 12:28 PM
What a handsome chap, do you agree?
Hard to believe my 'puppy' is eight months old now!:shock:
he needs a trim, strip n tidy up to be perfectly honest...his feet are like yeti's and the curls are regrouping on his head in an attempt to drive me mad:lol:
He is such a charcter, an ultimate rouge who plays the game o' life by his rules and his rules alone, but he is a all round lovely lad.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Lu-1/Ralph8months.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Lu-1/Ralph8months1.jpg

Fran
21-11-2006, 12:32 PM
He certainly is a gorgeous boy Luke!! So grown up now too :cool:

dinahsmum
21-11-2006, 12:36 PM
He is lovely!

Luke
21-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks both, he really has grown so much! Any hopes for getting him in the ring have disbanded as he just never seem to take to the training for it, out in the fields he moves and stands in such amazing ways, i have pictoral evidence! Yet at any given training time to get him used to standing, trotting etc..even when we took him to ringcraft (not to actually "go" he was there to spectate as we were advised to do to get him used to hit) he haunced up and moved like a sack of potatoes!:lol: However, on the working side he really is showing promise..he has been working well on the dummy for a while now..the retrieving side is great, introduced him to a 'home made' dummy, furred, and he was kind of taken a back but is getting sued to it. Took him out shooting rabbits (oh the controversy!) t'other day to get him used to the gun (he didn't do anything bar sit and get used to the sound) and he was only slightly phased but seemed to get used to it...we will repeat this in the future.
He really is a super dog, great temperament, bags of charcter and a heart of gold, with a brain that he does sometimes use!:lol:

ellenlouise
21-11-2006, 12:42 PM
He is very gorgeous luke.

Sweet
21-11-2006, 03:29 PM
A lovely boy x

borderdawn
21-11-2006, 03:45 PM
He's looking well Luke, but yes I agree he needs a trim. Any news of when Florrie is being spayed, otherwise your hard work might well go to pot with his amorous behaviour, it can really ruin a young dog. My friend has a wonderful working yellow Lab, Ill find you a pic, but he went nuts when his bitch came in season and he was just 10mths old, he ended up having him neutered as he was an absolute nightmare afterwards., just couldnt get him to concentrate. The bitch was spayed too, she developed a Pyo!! Dogs for you eh!

Best of luck with him Luke, he looks a good sort.
Dawn.

Luke
21-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks Ellen:D
Thanks Julie:D
Thanks Dawn, do not worry-she will be speyed, and soon, there was an issue (of which i do not wish to speak about on the forum) when we had her checked over with the vet last time, but she seems better now so it will be a case of making the appointment again.
Please do dig the pictures out i would love to see them, and on the trimming subject-i'm worried about touching his ears, how much would you reccomend taking off with the thinning scissors? (this is what the book says)

whiskey
21-11-2006, 08:22 PM
he def is a beauty:D :D

Kazz
21-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I think he's smashing Luke. I love Springers never met once that spent a moment at rest though.

Elaine
21-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Such a lovely dawgy xxx

Mags
21-11-2006, 10:02 PM
He's lovely Luke!

borderdawn
21-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Here he is luke.
Dawn.

Luke
22-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks ladies.
And thanks Dawn, he is a real handsome chap! Much prefer field type labs like him!:D

Kim
22-11-2006, 06:14 PM
He is lovely Luke, I love Springers.