PDA

View Full Version : Friends cat

Naomi
21-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Took Timmy nad my friends cat into the vets today. Timmy's being neutered and my friends cat smelled really bad.

Anyway within 5 mins the vet knew exactly what was wrong with her. She has sever Gingtivitis and has said that as soon as my friends cat has finished the course of antibiotics she has to go in for a dental which will cost her about £100

We are so relieved that they've got the bottom of the problem and it can be sorted.

Fran
21-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm glad that the vet knows what the problem is. Hopefully, she will soon be sorted out.

Fingers crossed all goes well for Timmy today x

dinahsmum
21-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Hope having her teeth sorted will take away the pain and make her her previous friendly self again. Sounds like she may be one of those cats who would benefit from the gel which helps keep their teeth really clean.. I don't think I've ever known its name - Yola uses it, i think?

xxx for Timmy. Sure he will be fine as long as Thomas doesn't turn him upside down to look at his scar or perform a recount!

Samz5
21-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Glad you got to the bottom of the problem, your friends cat will feel so much better after the teeth are out, its no wonder she was smelly and moody! When my cat Bones had 5 rotten teeth taken out he was like a new cat when we got him home! Hope Timmy recovers quickly

Naomi
21-11-2006, 02:33 PM
That's the thing that's really annoying us. She was taken to 2 vets previously nad neither vets could see the problem. One vet told her it wasn't to do with her teeth :shock:

Mags
21-11-2006, 02:35 PM
I hope your friend's cat will feel a lot better once he has his dental overhaul, Nae...

Hope Timmy will soon be back home with you too:D

Naomi
21-11-2006, 02:39 PM
She's due her dental next Thursday and she's been advised to change the food from wet to dry as the wet causes the most problems. Beacuse it's soft it doesn't clean the teeth it just sticks there so she's gonna try and change them over to dry complete in the next week or so.

Sweet
21-11-2006, 03:27 PM
She will be as good as new ;) do they do cats false teeth :shock: only kidding!

Bet you will be glad to have your baby back home soon ((((((hugs)))))) x

Elaine
21-11-2006, 07:31 PM
So glad your vet is on the ball and recognised the problem. Poor kitty xxx. Wish him well for his dental and for the future too. xxx

whiskey
21-11-2006, 07:47 PM
poor little kitty glad the vet has now found what the problem is.:D