PDA

View Full Version : Teething?

JBalways2000
19-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I was just wondering how old a kitten is when he starts to loose his teeth and starts teething? im pretty sure my AJ is teething at the moment bless him. hes been chewing alot more lately, and has been biting down harder when hes playing with us and his brother. he is now around 3 months old-could it be teething? if so, is there any special toys or chews i can get him to help with it?(and to save his brother from playful hard bites! lol)

alexgirl73
19-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I suggested to someone else recently something I read on a cat site. Get a tea towel and lightly soak it in water, tie it in a knot and place in the freezer for a few hours. Take it out and let him chew on it, it acts like a teething ring. I don't know if it works or not tbh, as I've never seen any of mine teething.

Mags
19-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Kittens lose their baby teeth anything between 3 and 6 months......

JBalways2000
19-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Thankyou for that tip, il definately try it and let you know if it works! poor lad:smt007

And thankyou too mags-i was hoping it was the right time for him to be getting like this, and not something more for me to worry about!:lol: Raven has showed no signs at all of teething yet-though im sure he'l let us know when he is:lol:

Fran
19-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Bliss is just losing her baby teeth at the minute, she is about 6 months old now. I haven't noticed her biting harder or chewing any more than normal.

With puppies I use kongs filled with food then frozen, acts like a teething ring but with the added incentive of food. I believe that you can buy kitty kongs too - so might be something to consider if you feel she is uncomfortable whilst teething.

JBalways2000
19-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Good idea Fran! Ive seen kitty kongs on the net and was thinking of getting one anyway-looks like i will be ordering one for the boys now then!

Shadowdh
18-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I am sooo glad I found this forum and this post... I have found a couple of Jack-Jack's teeth in the last week or so and was a bit worried... it really is like having a new baby... lol... :-)

dandysmom
18-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Interested that you found teeth...quite some time ago I asked if anyone ever found shed baby teeth, as I never had with any of my cats, and I wondered if maybe they swallowed them.......

Mags
18-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I have never found any of my cats' baby teeth either but I can understand how I could have missed them being so tiny......

Fran
18-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I recently found a couple of Porsha's canine teeth and a couple of days ago I found one of Ruby's (labrador) molars :cool:

kado
18-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Ive found a couple of simons teeth he lost them when he was about 4months old playing with kay and i saved them i was realy proud of him and showed anybody who visited them. Well he is my baby. I am sure your cat will be alright very shortly all the ideas above are very good

Shadowdh
18-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I have only found two and after a visit to the vet this morning (and a bit of a panic on our behalf) it turns out he has lost all his molars and the canines are on the way out too... I gave him a chew toy after the visit (his and my first) and he loves it... he was very brave and also very cuddly... We took him to the vets as he was worrying his mouth this morning and actually got his claw stuck in his gum which started to bleed, one of his teeth had not come off properly apparantly (but did so after about 30mins, just before we got to the vet of course)...