PDA

View Full Version : Have you always

Kazz
18-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Have you always been a cat person? or are you a dog person with the cat thrown in for good measure? or are you purely 50/50

Karen

Mags
18-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I was a dog person years ago, we had two poodles when I lived at home. When they died I didn't have any pets for a while...... eventually got my beloved ginger boy, Sam and I was hooked on cats from then.....:D

I still like dogs (especially a certain white boxer!;)) but I am more a cat person now.......

Booktigger
18-11-2006, 12:40 AM
We have always had both, and when most of my friends were talking about how many kids they wanted when they grew up, I always wanted a houseful of animals - was talking to someone in dog rescue the other day, and have asked if I coudl be considered as a fosterer for a quiet lap dog that woudn't require a lot of exercise, and they agreed. I do love dogs, but i am not convinced I am dedicated enough for one, or whether Pebbles will tolerate one!! I also have to change my ideas, as the dogs I like aren't what woudl fit in with my house etc, so I have to go for something rather small!!

Moli
18-11-2006, 12:54 AM
I have had cats from the time I got my own flat, always loved dogs, but was not in a position to have one till I got married....Can't remember a time when in my adult life not having a cat...

dandysmom
18-11-2006, 03:07 AM
I am 100% cat...grew up in a cat household, all my relatives had cats; was bitten badly by a dog when I was 11 or 12 & had to start the painful rabies shot series until the police located the dog and found he was current on his vaccinations. Am not exactly afraid of dogs, but am uneasy and uncomfortable around them to this day. Sorry, dog people....

Tanya
18-11-2006, 08:24 AM
As a child we only ever had dogs! When i was very small we had two Jack Russells (Tina & Blackie), then as i got a bit older we had a lovely Doberman bitch called Zoe. It was so sad when she died and my mum promised 'NO MORE PETS' coz it was so sad when they died. The house was so quiet without a dog and it didnt feel homely anymore. Anyway, a year later we got Ben, a Rotweiller, who is now three!

I only ever saw cats when i was at my nans, but i have always been animal mad. It wasnt until we got Oli that i actually had a cat of my own. But he is lovely! :)

Jac
18-11-2006, 09:23 AM
I was always a dog person. But now I would have to say I'm 50/50.

Fran
18-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I had both a dog and a cat as a child. Have had cats all my adult life and dogs in the last few years. I would say that I am definitely slightly more a cat person....

tilly
18-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I am a moslty cat person but I do also like dog so it is probably 70-30.
Sally

CathyW
18-11-2006, 10:54 AM
im 50/50. love my dog as well as my cats. :)

charliebubs
18-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm definitely a cat person. We always had cats when I was a kid, we had one dog too but after she passed away we never got another dog.

As soon as I moved into my own place I got 2 cats and the rest, as they say, is history!!!

alexgirl73
18-11-2006, 02:48 PM
I am definitely a cat person! I had a dog for 3 years until 5 months ago, and we had such a hard time with her that it has put me off ever having a nother dog. I do like dogs though, I just wouldn't have any more. I never had a cat or dog as a child. Well, we did have akitten for 3 weeks until my 2 yr old brother put the poor wee thing into the cage beside the hamsters! He was at one side the hamsters at the other! So my mum re-homed him due to my brothers cruelty lol!

Sweet
18-11-2006, 06:48 PM
I never had any dogs or cats, liked Westies.

But now I am 100% a cat person, ever since Violet came into my life in Sept.2005, always liked both in my childhood but Mum and Dad didnt want either and Mum was scared of cats.

Now I will have 6 from tomorrow :) x

Donna
18-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Only became a 100% cat person two years ago.

I have NEVER been a dog person - too scary and if they bite you they hurt!! I dont understand why you would want to live with an animal that could hurt you (not being offensive to doggy owners - I am just scared of them!!) .

Fran
18-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Only became a 100% cat person two years ago.

I have NEVER been a dog person - too scary and if they bite you they hurt!! I dont understand why you would want to live with an animal that could hurt you (not being offensive to doggy owners - I am just scared of them!!) .

Lol you'd be frightened of my Sylvester (cat) more than you would be frightened of my dogs!! They have never hurt anyone but he can be a bit of a nasty pasty when he wants ;)

Donna
18-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Lol you'd be frightened of my Sylvester (cat) more than you would be frightened of my dogs!! They have never hurt anyone but he can be a bit of a nasty pasty when he wants ;)

OK OK!!!

I scared of doggys with big teeth and norty cats with their claws and attitude!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fran
18-11-2006, 07:48 PM
OK OK!!!

I scared of doggys with big teeth and norty cats with their claws and attitude!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

borderdawn
18-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Never been without a Cat and at least one Dog, usually more. Love them both the same for different reasons.
Dawn.

smudgley
18-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Both!

Work with dogs.:)
Spend all my spare time with cats.:)

yola
18-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Very allergic to dogs so no, not a dog person at all - sorry. Although I don't dislike them I have to keep my distance.

Cats? Never was really bothered one way or another, until hubby (before he became hubby) said that a home wasn't a home without a cat . . . how true. And when we bought our home together (rather than renting) we got a cat to really make it suc - my precious blue fella, Balie. And one thing led to another and now I would populate every room with cats if I could :shock: :-D :shock:

Snoof
20-11-2006, 10:53 AM
When I was a kid, I loved dogs and my brother loved cats. When I was about 11, he got a little tabby-and-white kitten he named Fred (after an imaginary cat we had a whole pretend game based on), and I fell in love with him but still wanted a dog more.

We got a dog a year later, a lovely one-year-old bitch who'd been abused and neglected by her previous owners :( and when I was about 17 we got another kitten when my French teacher asked if anyone wanted one.

I've been without cats since, but for a maximum of about 6 months. I don't feel right without a cat, and when recently I spent 2 months without I was reminded of just how weird it is to live in a house without a cat.

Of course, I only intended to get the one but am now ending up with a litter as well :roll: :lol: I think if I had a dog who was about to have a litter of pups I'd have much more trouble with the idea, but then I don't want a dog - I've become a cat person. On one hand, I have a chronic pain problem and couldn't guarantee it the exercise it requires, on the other I prefer the feline personality.

I've also noticed if a dog jumps up against me I bruise really easily, and while I don't blame the dog for this (it is, after all, an animal) I don't want to deal with it on a regular basis. I will stop to talk to someone about their dog, we used to live nextdoor to a Staffie I absolutely adored - I just don't want a dog of my own.

Naomi
20-11-2006, 01:59 PM
If I'm honest I'd have to say I was more dog person than cat person probably 40-60 in the dogs favour :D

Rosie
20-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I am a 70% dog and 30% cat - I know you will all hate me now:( We always had cats when I was young but I was never allowed a dog. I love my little Alfie and the old bag Rosie but Holly (my lurcher) is the one that makes me have to get out the house into the fresh air and always wants to be with me (I think we all know how moody our feline friends can be). Nevertheless love sharing my home with them all.

smithdouglaswood
20-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I love them equally, I would have a house full of both if I got away with it!! The kids are on my side but the hubby tries to keep me in line but I have managed in the past to get another dog and another cat more than what I originally said!!

Angie and the gang

Kim
20-11-2006, 05:22 PM
I've always loved cats, but since having dogs in latter years, have realised how much I love them too.

Luke
20-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Allways had and loved both dogs and cats, for different reasons. Was born into a small zoo of domestic animals, and its been that way ever since! Can't imagine life without at least one of each in the house!

Elaine
20-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I think I am just an animal person.
As a kid we had a basset hound. We grew up in what was then Aberdeenshire, a little village called Dyce. There was a riding school there and my sister and I used to go for lessons. They had loads of cats, dogs, rabbits, hens, geese (didnt like them much), a duck, horses, ponies and a donkey.
On starting secondry school, my mother let me go into town to buy pencils etc for starting the big school and I came home with 2 rabbits instead.
I was always filling my dads pond with frog spawn, toads and newts. Rescued several hedgehogs from the strawberry nets.
On leaving home I always felt empty but my life style meant a dog was not an option. After a few years being pet free, I then decided on a cat. Its been cats ever since but would honestly fill the house with any creature if I could.

whiskey
20-11-2006, 11:27 PM
i would say im a 50/50 person ive always had cats and dogs so i could never choose between the two because there both different in there own special ways.:D :D :D