PDA

View Full Version : The Supreme Cat Show

Fran
16-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Sat 25th November - I wondered who here is planning to go? know Charlie is showing but wondered who else is going? I am hoping to go if I can make arrangements for our horse that evening...

alexgirl73
16-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I would love to go, but it's in Birmingham, and I refuse to risk my neck driving into there, lol!

Fran
16-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I would love to go, but it's in Birmingham, and I refuse to risk my neck driving into there, lol!

Hubby would take me thankfully! but I know what you mean, I wouldn't be keen to do it alone.

alexgirl73
16-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Went to Birmingham once, it was enough to frighten me into never doing it again (especially the flaming Bullring)

Kim
16-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Went to Birmingham once, it was enough to frighten me into never doing it again (especially the flaming Bullring)

Don't worry Alex, it's nowhere near the bullring!! ;) Quite easy to get to, very much on the outskirts of Birmingham.

I will definitely be going and bringing my daughter with me. I bought my tickets weeks ago from the GCCF, quite a bit cheaper than buying them from the ticket office when you get there and no booking fee either!

Fran
16-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Don't worry Alex, it's nowhere near the bullring!! ;) Quite easy to get to, very much on the outskirts of Birmingham.

I will definitely be going and bringing my daughter with me. I bought my tickets weeks ago from the GCCF, quite a bit cheaper than buying them from the ticket office when you get there and no booking fee either!

If we go, we will pay on the door as we are not entirely sure if we will be able to make arrangements for our horse. How will we know who's who at the show? Have people agreed to meet up or wear a red rose or something :-D I know some Catsey members have met each other already but it would be nice to put a face to a name for members who haven't met each other before

borderdawn
16-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes I am hoping to get there.
Dawn.

Kazz
16-11-2006, 10:53 PM
I am planning to get there. In fact may even take Katie my niece (the older one) she is cat crazy - Sophie can take or leave them.
I may drive there but could very well go by train depends on the day. Train is soooooo much easier straight into the NEC.
Karen

Fran
16-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I am planning to get there. In fact may even take Katie my niece (the older one) she is cat crazy - Sophie can take or leave them.
I may drive there but could very well go by train depends on the day. Train is soooooo much easier straight into the NEC.
Karen

Well if I go, there will be one person I will recognise ;)

Kazz
16-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Well if I go, there will be one person I will recognise ;)

Who???????????????Moi?????????????

Kazz
16-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Maybe we could do a group picture?????

Fran
16-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Who???????????????Moi?????????????

;) Who else Kazz :-P

borderdawn
16-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Ill take the pic!
Dawn.

Fran
16-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Ill take the pic!
Dawn.

Now I know that you are the best photograper on here Dawn....but I really need the practise so I think I should take it ;) :-D

alexgirl73
16-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm going to have a look at train prices, so hopefully I'll see you there too.

borderdawn
16-11-2006, 11:32 PM
NOOOOOOOO I AM TAKING IT!! I AM HONEST I AM! Couldnt ask you to carry that heavy camera of yours all that way Fran. :)
DAwn.

alexgirl73
16-11-2006, 11:35 PM
As long as I dont have to (my camera's C**p!)

dandysmom
16-11-2006, 11:35 PM
So, both take one, and we'll have a poll ..........:-D

Fran
16-11-2006, 11:36 PM
NOOOOOOOO I AM TAKING IT!! I AM HONEST I AM! Couldnt ask you to carry that heavy camera of yours all that way Fran. :)
DAwn.

:lol: Yours is heavier with all those extra lenses you have Dawn ;) :-D

Sweet
17-11-2006, 08:52 AM
ME ME ME I am going sooooo excited, I am travelling by coach from Bristol x

yola
17-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Drat - family commitments have consipired to stop me from going. And I so wanted to!!!

I would love to see group pics . . . whoever takes the picture will need to have a timer setting and then rush round to the front . . . we want to see everyone LOL!!!

Mags
17-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Ladies, I'm sure if you asked someone else there, they would be more than pleased to take a group pic of you all ............... then nobody would miss out!! ;):-D

binza
17-11-2006, 01:13 PM
i used to go to the cat shows at nec a good few years ago its a fantastic place with all exotic cats and the freebies i brought back wa amazing. i have some lovely photos of that day , but sadley prices have gone up since then and mayhem to get there.
tracy

charliebubs
17-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm going!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!

Please do all come and say hi. I'd love to be in the Catsey photo too pleaseeeee.

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say on a public forum about me and my cat???? I don't want to be accused of trying to influence the judges or anything!!!!! lol

Can I say her show name? or my surname? so that you can all look me up on the day??

I'm bidding for some drapes by the way on the net, so hopefully will have a beautifully dressed pen!!!!

:):)

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I dont know Charlie, maybe you can PM if you're not allowed to post it. I don't think there is any reason you cant though, as far as I know, no-one on here is judging.

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Can someone tell me if the train stops anywhere near the NEC, and also the cost of entry to the show. My mum is giving me money for my b/day (which is the day after the show), I was going to buy myself some boots for winter, but I'm sure my old ones will last another year, lol, but I'd rather come to the cat show.

Luke
17-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I was intending to go and take g-gran out for the day, an aunt was going to come too, as gran was saying it's been years since she's been to a show etc, but due to her not being in the best of health recentlly-it's a no go.
Then again it was kinda a blessing in disguise-invision, the little old wesh lady totering around looking at siamese and babbling on about how different they look now:shock:.
Those who are going-enjoy yourselves, and make sure everyone is in the photo!

Sweet
17-11-2006, 08:06 PM
We will have to have name badges :) x

Kazz
17-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Can someone tell me if the train stops anywhere near the NEC, and also the cost of entry to the show. My mum is giving me money for my b/day (which is the day after the show), I was going to buy myself some boots for winter, but I'm sure my old ones will last another year, lol, but I'd rather come to the cat show.

Hi the train actually stops in the NEC you don't walk outside at all just up the stairs/through doors and you're in the NEC.:-D Not sure about prices though, about a £10 I think but don't hold me to it though. But roughly that I think.

Kazz
17-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh and by the way the picture was my idea so I will take it. Don't want to scare anyone being the otherside of the camera :)

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 08:48 PM
well that settles it, count me in too! Yippee! I love my mummy!

charliebubs
17-11-2006, 09:41 PM
well that settles it, count me in too! Yippee! I love my mummy!

Yaaay!!! The more the merrier!!!! It's definitely £10 a ticket to get in on the day, but if you write to the GCCF now you can get one for £9.

Come and say hi. I'll mail you my girl's show name and you can come and find me in the Ragdoll bit!!!

Charlie
xx

Fran
17-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Yaaay!!! The more the merrier!!!! It's definitely £10 a ticket to get in on the day, but if you write to the GCCF now you can get one for £9.

Come and say hi. I'll mail you my girl's show name and you can come and find me in the Ragdoll bit!!!

Charlie
xx

Can you pm your details to me too Charlie? I'd love to come and see you and your lovely baby :cool:

Kazz
17-11-2006, 10:01 PM
If Fran's got the details I'll get them off her.

charliebubs
17-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Fran & Alex both have my details now. I can't wait to meet fellow Catsey peeps at the Supreme!!!

It should be a really good day out.......win or lose!!!

:)
xx

Fran
17-11-2006, 10:25 PM
If Fran's got the details I'll get them off her.

I've got Charlie's details Kazz, let me know when you want them :)

Fran
17-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Fran & Alex both have my details now. I can't wait to meet fellow Catsey peeps at the Supreme!!!

It should be a really good day out.......win or lose!!!

xx

I'm very much looking forward to meeting you and your lovely baby! I wish you all the best and every success but remember, win or lose, you take home the best cat at the end of the day ;)

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm very much looking forward to meeting you and your lovely baby! I wish you all the best and every success but remember, win or lose, you take home the best cat at the end of the day ;)

That's a lovely sentiment Fran.:)

Kim
17-11-2006, 10:33 PM

Wise words Kazz - and very true!

dandysmom
17-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I feel like a little kid pressing my nose against the glass of the candy store...you're all going to the show, and I can't!! :cry: Have a cuppa for me at the Catsey meeting there; looking forward to pics and reports! Love to know if there were any Singapuras there!

Fran
17-11-2006, 10:51 PM
I feel like a little kid pressing my nose against the glass of the candy store...you're all going to the show, and I can't!! :cry: Have a cuppa for me at the Catsey meeting there; looking forward to pics and reports! Love to know if there were any Singapuras there!

I wish you could be there too Eileen :( I wonder if Charlie has the show schedule and she might be able to see if there are any Singapuras showing?

Mags
17-11-2006, 10:53 PM
! Love to know if there were any Singapuras there!
If there are, I'm sure one kind member would get a pic of one if they could, for you Eileen.....:D

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh Eileen! I feel so bad now, we're all going on about it and you won't be there. There will just have to be loads of photos taken so you can feel like you were there too.

borderdawn
17-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Tell you what Dandysmom, if we can we'll do a video of us all saying a BIG HELLO!!! I have a vid on my phone, so that will do, Ill shout from behind it of course, somebody needs to hold it. :) :) :)
Dawn.

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Tell you what Dandysmom, if we can we'll do a video of us all saying a BIG HELLO!!! I have a vid on my phone, so that will do, Ill shout from behind it of course, somebody needs to hold it. :) :) :)
Dawn.

Great idea Dawn! (mental note, must remember to put some lippy on)

dandysmom
17-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh Alex, I never meant to make anyone feel bad; was trying to be funny! My username is after my little Singapura boy, Dandy...all his pictures are pre-digital and I don't have or have access to a scanner so can't post a pic of him..they are a marvellous breed, smart as whips and incredibly social! Just wondering if there would be any at the sow! Hope you all have a great time there!

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Well, I think we will all be keeping a very close eye out for some now Eileen, lol. Hope we get a chance to take a pic of some for you. x

dandysmom
17-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Dawn.
Awww, Dawn, that's such a nice thought! Don't go to any trouble, ordinary pics would be just fine...it'll be so nice to place a face to a name! Have a ball, all!

Kazz
17-11-2006, 11:11 PM
There are going to be some faces no-one would want to admit to being behind. :)

dandysmom
17-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Now, Kazz, I doubt that very much.....:-D

Mags
17-11-2006, 11:19 PM
You can put the photo on here without names.....it will be interesting trying to guess who's who!! :-D

Fran
17-11-2006, 11:23 PM
You can put the photo on here without names.....it will be interesting trying to guess who's who!! :-D

Well everybody knows Kazz and me already! so that narrows it down some :-D

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 11:24 PM
And you've only seen a rotten photo of me with my hair tied back! lol.

Fran
17-11-2006, 11:26 PM
And you've only seen a rotten photo of me with my hair tied back! lol.

I can't remember that photo Alex? did I see it? Post it again so I know who I am looking out for ;)

Mags
17-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Well everybody knows Kazz and me already! so that narrows it down some :-D
Shhhhh Fran! :lol:

alexgirl73
17-11-2006, 11:30 PM
As I said, 'orrible photo, lol (the girls look ok though)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/PICT0114.jpg

Fran
17-11-2006, 11:50 PM
As I said, 'orrible photo, lol (the girls look ok though)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/PICT0114.jpg

Not an horrible photo at all! and your girls are lovely :cool: Look forward to meeting you next week, hopefully x

Mags
17-11-2006, 11:54 PM
That's a lovely happy family pic Alex.........

charliebubs
18-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Very true what you say Fran - I know (and have always said it!) that at the end of the show I'm taking home the bestest puddy cat (no offence to others showing!!! lol). Lily is a winner to me whether or not the judges think so. :)

Oh, and I don't know what anyone from here looks like - apart from Alex now (great pic BTW Alex - you all look so happy) so more pics would be good please!!!!

Going to check the show schedule now for Singapuras..........

xx

charliebubs
18-11-2006, 12:38 PM
This is my Lily BTW.............seal tabby point raggie

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/th_Lily2.jpg

charliebubs
18-11-2006, 12:40 PM
and this is me, for all of you coming to the Supreme..................

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/th_106_1075.jpg

Fran
18-11-2006, 02:17 PM
This is my Lily BTW.............seal tabby point raggie

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/th_Lily2.jpg

Wow!! What a stunner and you are not so bad yourself ;)

alexgirl73
18-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Lovely photos of both of you Charlie, lol!

Mags
18-11-2006, 02:30 PM
:smt039Hi Charlie, nice to see you....... great pics of you and Lily:D

Sweet
18-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Can someone pm me names of the ones showing on Saturday and where to find them, I dont know anyone by sight :( so wont know where to look x

dandysmom
18-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Charlie, Lily is lovely! And a nice pic of you, too!

Fran
18-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Can someone pm me names of the ones showing on Saturday and where to find them, I dont know anyone by sight :( so wont know where to look x

Sweet, as far as I am aware, there is only Charlie showing from here?? I have her details if you want them or pm her and she will give them to you x

dinahsmum
19-11-2006, 10:11 AM
This thread brings back amusing memories of Dogsey/Catsey meet-ups at Crufts earlier in the year :-D Kazz and I wandered around passing the same landmarks in the NEC time after time (and she was good at finding her way round - I was just pathetic).
Hope you all have a wonderful time and don't forget the pictures!

candyshandy
19-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I'll be there!! I've only met Kay so far so would be nice to meet other peeps!

BTW - what time is it best to get there to make sure I can get a parking space?

This is me :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/newhairsml.jpg

alexgirl73
19-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi candyshandy. NO idea about time, as I'm going by train! Will be on the look out for you too now, lol. Love your living room by the way.

charliebubs
20-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi Candyshandy, I'll be there from the crack of dawn for vetting in etc!! lol

I think it opens to the public from 10am and I guess the earlier the better for parking.

Hope to see you there.

Fran
24-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Are any of the Catsey members going tomorrow wanting to meet up?

Charlie - I'll come and find you and your lovely cat :D (Did you get some drapes sorted?)

Kim
24-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I would like to meet up, anyone else? Perhaps we should think of a time & place? I hope to be there early, but can't stay until the end as my daughter is playing in a concert tomorrow evening.

Fran
24-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Kim, we are hoping to get there for 10ish but we have to find somewhere to park and buy tickets, so I am not sure what time we will actually get in there.. I have never been before so can't suggest a meeting point.

Sweet
24-11-2006, 09:05 PM
My coach leaves Bristol around 9.15 a.m. x

charliebubs
24-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Are any of the Catsey members going tomorrow wanting to meet up?

Charlie - I'll come and find you and your lovely cat :D (Did you get some drapes sorted?)

Yes, we did get some!!! They're pale blue and should set off her eyes nicely!!!! lol

In case you haven't seen the other thread - pen *** - look forward to meeting you tomorrow!!!! and any others from here - just make sure you have catsey name badges on so I know who you are!!!! hee hee!!!! :)

xx

Kim
24-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Perhaps we should meet by pen 315 then!!! If not, we could all aim for one of the stands, e.g. Hills, Hi-life or whatever!

Kim
24-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Kim, we are hoping to get there for 10ish but we have to find somewhere to park and buy tickets, so I am not sure what time we will actually get in there.. I have never been before so can't suggest a meeting point.

The NEC is huge Fran! You will be directed to a parking space and then have to walk or catch one of the the service buses to the NEC building. The ticket booths will be outside the halls for the cat show, you can buy car park tickets (about £7 :shock: ) from one of the numerous ticket booths around the car parks. Please don't forget where you parked though, jot down the number or there is no chance of finding your car! ;)

alexgirl73
24-11-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm so looking forward to tomorrow. As I've never been to a cat show tomorrow, I'll be like a kid in a toy shop. I use a walking stick and have long hair so just look for the woman with the slightly confused look on her face and that will be me, lol!