PDA

View Full Version : Drapes for Supreme in 10 days time - please help!!!

charliebubs
15-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Hiya,

I was planning on making my own drapes for the Supreme at the end of the month, but with everything else that has been going on (Abi giving birth and the kittens passing away - see other threads :( ) I just haven't had time.

I did see some advertised for sale on the net, but the lady hasn't replied to my email.

As it's now getting close can anyone please suggest anywhere else I may be able to buy them???? I really want to dress the pen as it's our first Supreme!!!!

Pleaseeeeeeee help!!!!!

Charlie
:)

Fran
15-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Oooh that's a tough one! Maybe Kay may have some suggestions as she shows her persians. It is rather short notice to start making some isn't it? I hope you manage to sort something out. Let us know what happens....oh and good luck at the supreme. Which cat are you showing?

charliebubs
15-11-2006, 07:33 PM
It's Lily - my ragdoll that I'm showing. We only started showing this year and have done 3 shows so far, and she has won one challenge certificate so far. I don't expect to win anything at the Supreme - but it's a day out!!!
:)

alexgirl73
15-11-2006, 08:13 PM
As I've absolutely no idea what drapes are I can't help you, lol. But very good luck at supreme anyway!

candyshandy
15-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Found this link on another forum, apparently she's making them so you may be able to have a choice of colour etc if you get in touch

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIFE-TICA-SUPREME-2-TONE-GREEN-CAT-SHOW-CURTAINS-NEW_W0QQitemZ320049457145QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1284QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll be at the show but not showing just ooohing and aahhhing at the cats ;)

dandysmom
15-11-2006, 10:07 PM
As I've absolutely no idea what drapes are I can't help you, lol. But very good luck at supreme anyway!
Alex, those are the fancy curtains put on the cages at the cat shows, Some of them are stunning! I made my own when I had Dandy at a TICA show here years ago; found some lovely sea green material what brought out the color of his eyes. Have you never been to a cat show? They are teriffic fun: see breeds you've never seen before, and the people are so friendly; also there are usually freebie samples from vendors!!

Sweet
16-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Is that the one in Birmingham?

I am going so so so excited, going by coach with my Partners Friends Wife, Ive never been to a Cat Show before x

alexgirl73
16-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Alex, those are the fancy curtains put on the cages at the cat shows, Some of them are stunning! I made my own when I had Dandy at a TICA show here years ago; found some lovely sea green material what brought out the color of his eyes. Have you never been to a cat show? They are teriffic fun: see breeds you've never seen before, and the people are so friendly; also there are usually freebie samples from vendors!!

Thanks DM, lol. No I've never been to a cat show, but have had insider information, LOL, that the colourpoint clubs is coming to Telford in January, so I will hopefully be going to that. It sounds like it would be great fun.

charliebubs
16-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks DM, lol. No I've never been to a cat show, but have had insider information, LOL, that the colourpoint clubs is coming to Telford in January, so I will hopefully be going to that. It sounds like it would be great fun.

Alex, I think that also shares a venue with the British Ragdoll Cat Club Show in Telford on 6th Jan 2007?

If so, I'm sure I'll be there so please pop along and say hi!!! :)

Charlie

charliebubs
16-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Found this link on another forum, apparently she's making them so you may be able to have a choice of colour etc if you get in touch

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIFE-TICA-SUPREME-2-TONE-GREEN-CAT-SHOW-CURTAINS-NEW_W0QQitemZ320049457145QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1284QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll be at the show but not showing just ooohing and aahhhing at the cats ;)

Thanks Candy!! I did spot those last night. There are about 4 sets for sale on that site, so I think I'll probably end up buying one of them!!

Charlie
xx

dandysmom
16-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Hope you find a nice set, Charlie! Let us know!

Fran
16-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I had a look there are a few sets to choose from..let us know how you get on. Good luck with the bidding

Mags
16-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I hope you get the drapes Charlie.......:D

alexgirl73
16-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Alex, I think that also shares a venue with the British Ragdoll Cat Club Show in Telford on 6th Jan 2007?

If so, I'm sure I'll be there so please pop along and say hi!!! :)

Charlie

Will definitely pop along Charlie, I'm looking forward to meeting some other Catsey members.