PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on kitten!

ellenlouise
13-11-2006, 02:59 PM
As you know we are getting a kitten and are visiting them on wednesday. There are 9 in the litter all together. We are going with open minds and have reserved the two blackandwhites as if we had a choice of colour which we do that would be the one we chose. To get to the point we are defintly getting on of the Black and white and her name will be Trinity what do you think?

Also OH and I cnt decide whether to get 2 or just stick to one. We have no other cats in the house. We have just moved in together. I have had cats before but he hasn't. Would two be taking on to much? We both are out during the day but someone is always in the house. I am out from 8-3 and sheldon is out 10-6 but somone is always in. What do you think. We have brought another collar just incase and brought an extra big bed with room for two.

smudgley
13-11-2006, 03:13 PM

:cool:

ellenlouise
13-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok I'll tell him Oh even the experts are saying to get two lol

dinahsmum
13-11-2006, 03:19 PM
here's a thread from a little while back.
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=16685&highlight=so+much+fun+with+two+experience

From my experience I'd say go for two. It's such fun, you're a little more laid back when you're not projecting all your anxieties onto one little creature and it is just great watching them play and cuddle together! :-D
On the other hand, it'll cost twice as much in food, vet and possible kennel bills.

We're with you whatever you decide!

Mags
13-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I would say two, especially if they are going to be alone for a few hours in the day. They will have so much fun together........ and so will you watching their antics!:D

Luke
13-11-2006, 03:22 PM
I would say two aswell-we would have taken a pair from Bella's litter but A) We knew she would have enough animal company and left on her own very little and B) sad events took over anyway.
It's totally up to you of course!

alexgirl73
13-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I would say two also. We had Broxi and even though he had the dog to play with it makes such a difference to see Teddie and Cooper play together as they are the same age.

yola
13-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Two here also. We started off with one, and even though hubby worked from home at the time, we soon found that Balie would get a bit lonely. It also helps to remind them they are cats rather than cat-humans!!!

ellenlouise
13-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Thankyou, taken all your advice and have made our minds up but won't tell you untill after wednesday when we have chosen the kitten or kittens. I'll send you a picture of them or the kitten then.

Mags
13-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Thankyou, taken all your advice and have made our minds up but won't tell you untill after wednesday when we have chosen the kitten or kittens. I'll send you a picture of them or the kitten then.
We are all sat behind our screens in suspense now!! :-D Good luck what ever you decide on!:D

Kazz
13-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I would say 2 too.

Fran
14-11-2006, 07:05 AM
2 most definitely ;)

tilly
14-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I would get two as they will keep each other company.
Sally

Rosie
14-11-2006, 12:47 PM
When I got little Alfie I already had an older cat and a dog and two kittens would just have been too much. They all get on OK but sometimes I feel sorry for Alfie as neither of them will play with him:(

Sweet
14-11-2006, 04:16 PM

I had Vincent and Mabel together and I am glad I did, its been brilliant watching them grow and interact with each other x