PDA

View Full Version : And she thought she was getting in with that in her gob..

Luke
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
about ten mins or so ago Clementine was making her usual enterance..the dogs let me know she was back, well she had something in her mouth as i opened the front door and i didn't fancy chasing anything alive round the house so switched the porch light on to have a look-what was it she was carrying?-A bat!!
I haven't had one brought back in a looong time..her and Elsa used to go bat hunting together-used to see them at a particular block of garages next to our cul-de-sac just waiting for them to fly out...but it was nice not to have them brought back!:lol: Luckily this one was still alive so I got it off her and it flew off, a big step for me considering i HATE bats from picking one up that was stunned, but very much alive that on of the cats, Sherman, brought back some years ago now:shock:
Sometimes..just sometimes i wish cats had no urge to hunt at all!

alexgirl73
09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Good grief Luke, she must be the Queen of hunters to be able to catch a bat! She must also love you very much with the sheer number of little presents she brings you, lol!

Donna
09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
I thought you meant a cricket bat or something at first!!! Not a real bat!!! Oh my god!!

dandysmom
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Creepy! Is rabies common in bats in the UK? Here everyone's scared of them for that reason, as well as general "ick!" factors! Clemmie is a fantastic hunter..am awed .......

Luke
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
As far as i know we are rabies clear here (?)
Its strange how she 'hunts' them: sits on the roof of the building they roost in, waiting by the hole they come out of and she leans across and bats (excuse the pun) them as they fly out-VERY rare she actually gets one though, usually misses!
SHe is a hunting queen-must be the feral blood of her fathers (sense the plural!), rabbits, mice, rats, birds of various types, water rats, bats, creepy crawlies, leaves-post-and socks (:lol:) amongst other things are her faves..

Moli
09-11-2006, 10:27 PM
You do realise Luke, she will probably teach Maxwell/Bella to hunt them too, then you will have double the trophys to contend with!:lol:

dandysmom
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Luke' that was a dumb question; if I'd stopped to think for a minute I would've remembered that the reason you have such strict quarantine regulations for animals is because the UK is rabies free! Instant connection in my mind: bats = rabies!

Luke
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
You do realise Luke, she will probably teach Maxwell/Bella to hunt them too, then you will have double the trophys to contend with!:lol:
I'm packing suitcases now too leave...double the 'presents' aint good!

Moli
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm packing suitcases now too leave...double the 'presents' aint good!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Double the fun!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mags
09-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Bats??:shock: Yuk!! I think they're frightening to look at :(

dandysmom
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
They are, but they have redeeming virtues despite their general ugliness: they pollenate some plants and eat mosquitoes and other insects by the quart! (I still don't like them...:roll:)

Kim
09-11-2006, 11:10 PM
A bat?? Never heard of a cat catching one! She must be a skilled hunter Luke!!

Donna
09-11-2006, 11:11 PM
After two years or so, my two daft cats have not progressed from worms lol!!

Sweet
09-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Mabel (Kitten) decided to bring in half a pigeon on Sunday whilst I was shopping, took it to my Sons Bedroom :shock: glad I was out at the time, my Partner sorted the situation!

Not sure if she had hunted it, or one of the other cats.

Clem certainly gives you a variety of choice Luke x