PDA

View Full Version : At what age

Rosie
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
At what age should I put Alfie on just two meals a day? He is 6 months old now and having three.

Donna
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
I would have a wet food breakfast, dry food down all day and wet food in the evening. That way there is always food available.

alexgirl73
09-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Ditto to what Donna said!

Rosie
09-11-2006, 12:40 PM
One problem there is that I work and my neighbour does the lunchtime feed. I have one older cat and a dog nothing edible survives for more than a few seconds so leaving food down not an option. I used to leave food for my dog but Alfie eats that too!! I have never known a cat with an appetite like his.

Moli
09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I would have a wet food breakfast, dry food down all day and wet food in the evening. That way there is always food available.I do it this way too:D

dinahsmum
09-11-2006, 04:43 PM
My boys (6months plus) now go from large (wet) breakfast to large (wet and dry) tea at about 4 and a few biscuits at bedtime.
It was a bit of a bother stretching out the time between breakfast and tea but they're fine now

Elaine
09-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I still give 4 meals a day. Partly due to when I had the old boy, I used to feed him little and often and the only way to keep the Diva away from eating his food too was to feed her at the same time. I give wet in the morning and leave a little dry out for through the day. I give wet at tea time and then before I go to bed I leave a little dry out for them.
Thats probably why I have 2 great hulking kitties. xxx