PDA

View Full Version : Cat litter?

JBalways2000
08-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum-wasnt sure where to put it!

Just wondered what cat litter you all use? i started off using Thomas/sophisticat because i knew the boys had been on grit litter. i absolutely hate both litters-they are both so dusty and have a smell about them.

ive just bought a couple of bags of "worlds best" cat litter, which im slowly mixing in with the Thomas-so far i like it ALOT more then the grit. it smells so much nicer, its flushable and it clumps when they wee on it. its also safe if they were to "sample" it(when i first put it in the tray they sat by the trays munching bits as though it was food time:roll: :lol: ) on the side of the bag its says it will last 2 average sized cats 15 days+, and this is a 7lb bag.

so, what does everyone else use and what do you think of it? anyone else tried worlds best?

Elaine
08-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I tried worlds best and I liked it but the cats wouldnt use it and thought it was their new diet. I use catsan fine granuals.

Mags
08-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I have always used Thomas for Cassie and my previous cat...... it clumps well and is easy to clear. I can't say I have noticed any smell at all with it :?

alexgirl73
08-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I use Asdas own Tiger litter. It's economical and none of mine have ever had any problems with it. I've tried the 'crystal granules' type but that goes a horrible yellow colour and looks dreadful and I've triad catsan granules but found it was costing me a fortune, the kittens tried to eat it and it was used up too quickly, so back to Tiger I went.

Tanya
08-11-2006, 10:39 PM
I use Catsan for Oli. It lasts alot longer than the Tescos own brand one and also Sophisticat. It masks the smell of Oli's wee very well too. I originally bought it because it was actually cheaper than the Tesco's own brand cat litter.

Oh, it is a lovely white colour too & you cant see the wee after the cat has been to toilet. :)

binza
08-11-2006, 11:11 PM
we use aldi's own my cats wont use any other its quite good it clumps together when they have peed and easy to dispose of.
tracy

charliebubs
11-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm re-starting this thread as I've just bought a bad of Worlds Best for the first time. I like the idea that it's flushable and also won't matter if the cats eat any of it (as it's made from corn). I normally use Tesco Value litter (as I get through so much of the stuff) but that can be very dusty and doesn't clump so well. I thought that maybe with this new stuff there would be less waste.
:)

andrew021
11-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I use Tesco's own brand. Its what Jet was trained on. Dosnt really matter now as she prefers to go outside now and will only use the litter tray if absolutely desperate.

I suppose its a good thing for as soon as my alarm clock goes off in the morning she is on my bed to get me up to let her out, not so good when its the weekend or I have a hangover.

CathyW
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
we use aldi's own my cats wont use any other its quite good it clumps together when they have peed and easy to dispose of.
tracyive been using that its good isnt it. was impressed with it, and its a good price.:D

Kazz
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I used to use Thomas when Oz and Cleo were kittens (must have been round a while that one) now use Catsan - with only Cleo I don't mind, in the Summer she goes out too.

Mags
11-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I use Thomas, I always seem to come back to that one even after trying others......

Fran
11-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Up until recently, I used Asda's lightweight and loved it, still do but we have recently had a Jolly's Petstore open at one of the retail parks near by and their own white lightweight cat litter is just as good as Asda's with the added advantage that I can buy it in really big sacks and with the amount of litter I go through that's a big bonus :)

JBalways2000
12-01-2007, 01:57 AM
as much as i love the worlds best litter i have just bought a different one-pettex clean paws? im yet to try it as i still have quite a bit of worlds best left. anyone here use this or used it in the past?

worlds best is definately the best litter ive tried so far and i doubt il find better, but it just costs so damn much. i had been getting it on special offer so far, but they just put the price back to normal and its now nearly double what i was paying:shock:

Shadowdh
12-01-2007, 10:32 AM
We are using the pets at home wood pellet non clumping litter... its a good price and Jack-Jack likes it... it seems to do what it says on the tin...