PDA

View Full Version : Worming kittens

JBalways2000
08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
i was wondering how often kittens need to be wormed? im sure i read that they should be done every 2 weeks until they turn 12 weeks old? im pretty sure they were only done once before they came to me-i done them the day after i got them, which means its been about 3 weeks since they were done.

The thing is, when i took them for their first vaccination last week the vet said they wouldnt need to be done again until next week? that just doesnt sound right to me. shall i just start worming them again tonight?(its the panacur powder that i have to give for 3 nights)

after they turn 12 weeks old(which is next week) how often will they need worming then?

i know i know-worrying again:oops: :lol:

Tanya
08-11-2006, 08:56 PM
My Vet gave me free worming tablets (and does to everyone with a puppy or kitten). A quarter of the tablet is to be given to the kitten every two weeks until he is 6 months old.

Ive never used Panacur, so you would probably be best asking the Vet (again!!) Does the packaging give any directions?

JBalways2000
08-11-2006, 09:28 PM
The panacur only says how often to use it for puppies:roll: it has directions on how to give it to kittens(for three days etc) but doesnt actually say how often. might give the vet a ring tomorrow then! think il ask for the tablet next time:lol:

Tanya
08-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Why are directions called directions because its not very often that they actually help?!

I hope the Vet can help you tomorrow! :)