PDA

View Full Version : Another Felix Update

Emm
08-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Felix was taken to the vets today to get neutered. I had spoke to the cat register and they were going to do it but they are so busy just now I decided to just do it myself. He has been living in my spare room and has been getting supervised visits around the house. I didn't want him mixing with my cats until he has been done.

I get him back at 5pm hopefully he won't be too mad at me. Now its just the fun part trying to get him settled into my home - I'm not sure if he will ever settle here or just do a runner the first time he gets outside. At least if he does get outside and decides he would rather be there then here he is neutered and can't go round getting other female cats pregnant.

Mags
08-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm sure Felix will be fine today Emm, just his pride slightly dented ;)

I hope he'll settle with you but as you say, he may just be too used to the outside world. Good luck with him, let us know the outcome.......

dinahsmum
08-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Good luck Felix!

Donna
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Hope everything has gone well today for Felix x

Kazz
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Sure Felix will know which side his fish is battered on and stay with you. :)

Emm
08-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Felix is home :D

He just settled right down I can't wait until tomorrow until I can feed him. I've been sleeping in the spare room on the floor with him to keep him company at night tonight will be the last night I do that - I'm getting too old for this :lol:

Sweet
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM
How is Felix today? x

alexgirl73
09-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Hope he's feeling better today!

Moli
09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Hope Felix settles with you Emm, he will probably lose the wanderlust now he has been done....

yola
09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I hope Felix find his true home with you. I took an older FIV stray in a few years ago (Ferdy); had him neutered and he turned into the laziest house-cat you'd ever seen. I think he was happy to have a warm house after so long outside. Hopefully Felix will be the same.

Mags
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
How is Felix today Emm?

Kazz
09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I was thinking that too Mags.

Naomi
09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Opps I totally misread that first post. I read it as you were going to neuter him yourself :oops: That's what you get for just skim reading :roll:

I hope he's feeling okay today

Emm
09-11-2006, 03:39 PM
LOL I'm not that brave :lol:

Thanks for asking every-one. Felix is doing great! He didn't get much sleep last night though he was a bit upset about not getting any food so I had to feed him at 2am. He absolutely loves his cuddles - its just a matter now of introducing him to my other cats. I have been stroking my cats then stroking him so he can get their scent - they all know each other but they seem to hate each other at the moment - I'm sure with time they will learn to tolerate each other :lol:

when he got his blood tested yesterday it showed that his glucose levels were a bit high - and he has been drinking a lot of water - so for a week I have to measure how much water he is drinking - hopefully its just because of the stress of everything he has been through - time will time