PDA

View Full Version : Bad breath...

Tanya
07-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Oli has bad breath! I have looked at his teeth and none of then seem to be rotten or have a large amount of plaque on them.

Is there anything that i can give him to make his breath smell better? Im guessing that his fishy foods make his breath rather unpleasant, but i have never noticed any other cats smelling like this!

Thanks in advance

Tanya

alexgirl73
07-11-2006, 12:23 AM
You can buy treats for cats that are supposed to help freshen breath but I have never tried them, or you could try the cat toothpaste, but you're braver than I am if you're willing to give that a go, lol!

Mags
07-11-2006, 12:27 AM
The vet gave me some toothpaste for Cassie once and the instructions were to put a smear on her paw and let her lick it off ......

Tanya
07-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for that! When i take Oli to the vets to be castrated on Friday i will ask them if they have any cat toothpaste.:)

yola
08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Cat toothpaste is good . . . it's usually meat favoured :shock: so the cats don't object to it. You don't have to actually brush their teeth, simply squirt a bit into their mouth and the enzymes will react with the saliva and do the rest! I use it on all 3 of mine as a treat after they've had their eyes washed and their fur brushed and they love it!

Elaine
08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
How did his gums look? Might also be worth asking the vet to take a quick look just to be on the safe side. All the best for friday xxx

Tanya
08-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Nice pink looking gums! Thankyou :)