PDA

View Full Version : Little Tortie

alexgirl73
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm sure you all know by now the story of the 3 kittens who have been wandering my street for weeks. I managed to rehome the little grey and that left 2 tortie girls. Well I'm down to one now as the littlest girl has disappeared. I'm really hoping that she has been taken in by someone. But the little girl who is left is outside my back door just now. I've been putting a handful of biscuits out for her every so often just so that I know she is getting some food (though I suspect others are too, I definately know my neighbour does). I just dont think she should be out when it is so cold and she was out last night too when all the fireworks and bonfires were going off. I really wish I knew someone who could take her too. I've nicknamed her Splodge 'cause she looks as if she's got splodges of paint all over her. And she is so friendly now too. I would love to take her in, but OH gives me dirty looks whenever I mention it.:)

Moli
07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Have you got a shed you could shut her in for the night, with a warm blanket??

alexgirl73
07-11-2006, 12:15 AM
I've got a shed, but I dont think it would be very safe for her. It's crammed with bikes and such. I just keep lookingout the window and she's still there. If I could get my hands on her 'owners'..................

Moli
07-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Poor little girl, must be awful for you seeing her....Have you thought of phoning the CPL??

Mags
07-11-2006, 12:18 AM
I would want to take her in somewhere warm too :(

alexgirl73
07-11-2006, 12:20 AM
I am thinking of phoning the CPL, but at the moment she is quite well fed looking. I dont know if thats to do with all of us feeding her or if her owners are actually doing it for once. She doesn't have a collar on, so I dont know what to do!

Moli
07-11-2006, 12:24 AM
What about buying a cheap collar and putting a note on it, asking for her owners to contact you, that way you will find out if she does belong to someone...

alexgirl73
07-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Never thought of that, I might just give that a go. Though I'd be a bit worried about having a barney with one of my neighbours, as I'm not sure I could hold my tongue.

Moli
07-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Never thought of that, I might just give that a go. Though I'd be a bit worried about having a barney with one of my neighbours, as I'm not sure I could hold my tongue.At least you will know if someone does own her Alex, unfortunately there are still a lot of people get a kitten, and let it out all the time to more or less fend for itself, look at Chancer, he is about 6, I reckon he has been out since he was a kitten...

alexgirl73
07-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Makes your blood boil doesn't it? I will speak to OH in the morning and see what he thinks (he's conked out in bed). If no-one answers then at least I'd know she was a stray and be able to phone the CPL.

Sweet
07-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Poor little one, I would still try the shed option with a warm blanket, even if its full of your stuff, she can then find a cozy comfy spot and settle down and have a good sleep. x

dinahsmum
07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
The collar/note idea is good.
Good luck!