PDA

View Full Version : I have put Chloe Outside

Donna
05-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Chloe is still weeing on my floor :( Still dont understand it. Cleaned and disinfectanted the tray last night and by lunchtime today there was a wet patch on the floor next to the tray.

It is not as if she is being stopped by Misty as she is getting right next to it, but cant understand what is going on. The rabbit is now back outside so life is normal.

I am thinking of getting rid of the tray altogether and putting them out during the day whilst I am at work, and letting them come and go of a night so need to train them to "go" outside after 2 1/2 years.

Any ideas?

Mags
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Donna, will Chloe not go in the litter tray at all or is it just now and again she goes on the floor?

Also what disinfectant do you use in the tray ......it could be she doesn't like the smell of it:?

Donna
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
As soon as I cleaned it last night Misty went in, and then Chloe did straight away. Both did a wee. Misty must of used it last night to do a No2, but I cleaned that up first thing this morning.

I noticed the wet patch on the floor around lunchtime.

It was my usual stuff I cleaned it with, and she was fine with it last night.

Just getting fed up with it all now.

Mags
05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
It must really be getting you down, I can understand that.

If you let her/them out for a couple of hours on the evening, she should go all through the night without needing the tray. I wouldn't start that though until all these ****** fireworks have finished.

Is it possible to have a separate litter tray for Chloe?

Donna
05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
It is getting me down. Got enough on my plate at the moment without having to worry about stepping in cat wee first thing in the morning.

The problem as I see it is that Misty has never gone outside. She comes inside to use the litter tray so even giving them 100% access to outside she will use the tray. So cant remove the tray. Misty also struggles with the workings of a cat flap.

Chloe will go outside as I think she does most of her NO2 outside. Think I could train her as such to just go outside completely if the tray was removed but I cant remove it because of Misty!!

If I had a second tray (which there really is no room for) then how do I stop Misty using that one too so Chloe feels comfortable in using it???

Thanks if you can suggest anything.

dinahsmum
05-11-2006, 06:14 PM
This must be so frustrating for you.
Try to remember that Chloe is not doing this to annoy you. Something is bothering her and she cannot cope.

I hope you can work out what is wrong.

yola
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Hard as it might seem Donna - try to see past the frustration of this. My OH swears and rants if the cats puke on the carpet but my arguement is 'would you rather have cat puke on the cat-puke-coloured-carpet or a very unwell kitty'?

Seriously - this has to be a symptom of something either physical or psychological. Do try (if you can) to be patient with Chloe and help her to help you get to the bottom of why this is happening.

Mags
05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Donna, I found this article which I thought was very interesting ......... can you relate any of it to Chloe?

http://www.apbc.org.uk/article10.htm

dinahsmum
05-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Do you think she's picking up on your mood Donna? Getting stressed because she can sense you are unhappy? That might be enough to make her forget all her training

Booktigger
05-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Has she been checked for cystitis? You could try not using any disenfectant in the tray to see if that helps, or change the litter.

Sweet
05-11-2006, 07:28 PM
((((((hugs Donna))))))

Perhaps maybe the loud bangs from the fireworks? x

Donna
05-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Donna, I found this article which I thought was very interesting ......... can you relate any of it to Chloe?

http://www.apbc.org.uk/article10.htm

Thanks for the link. It is all well and good writing an essay on how these problems occur and how to solve them, but it is hard when there are two cats with two different problems and personalities in the house.

I have not changed the litter brand recently, i have not moved the litter tray, i have not changed their feeding area, i have not changed anything, but something has gone wrong.

Donna
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
((((((hugs Donna))))))

Perhaps maybe the loud bangs from the fireworks? x

This has been happening on and off for a month or so prior to the fireworks so dont think this is the cause.

Donna
05-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Hard as it might seem Donna - try to see past the frustration of this. My OH swears and rants if the cats puke on the carpet but my arguement is 'would you rather have cat puke on the cat-puke-coloured-carpet or a very unwell kitty'?

Seriously - this has to be a symptom of something either physical or psychological. Do try (if you can) to be patient with Chloe and help her to help you get to the bottom of why this is happening.

Thanks Yola, there is nothing physically wrong with Chloe. She always been a scaredy cat. And know the problem is in her head.

Hard to be patient and must admit she has seen my anger and frustration, but I cant help it.

Mags
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Do you think she could have a bit of trouble with her waterworks ...... maybe a visit to the vet in case she has an infection ?

Donna
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
She is not excessively going. Just normal amount, but not always in the litter tray. Will go vets if I thought she was suffering physically but really believe it is a mental problem.

Problem is, she is driving me mental too!!

Naomi
05-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Oh gawd how frustrating for you.

I haven't had this problem with any of my cats as they are 99.9% outdoor cats so don;t use the tray. It has been out for the past couple nights, Timmy comes in for the night cos of the fireworks.

I really hope the problem can be solved soon for both your sakes

Donna
05-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Just like to point out that she is not locked out now as the fireworks are going off - I not that evil.

Mags
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Just like to point out that she is not locked out now as the fireworks are going off - I not that evil.
No matter how frustrating things are Donna, we all know you would never do that! :D

Luke
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I heard somewhere once that by cleaning the tray out with anything but water removes the cats smell so they do not know where to go..not too sure any scientific truth to it but it does sound quite feasable.
I do hope you can sort it out soon Donna, nowt worse than cat pee!

Donna
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Well no wet patches this morning. I found an old kitten litter tray and put that in the bathroom so she has no excuse (tray was not used in night).

From today the bunny will be back outside after his trip to the vets to have his stitches removed. Emma was giving Chloe lots of attention last night on the sofa and she slept with me on the bed most of the night.

She was very skittish again near me this morning and I fed her separately from Misty (who was lurking over her shoulder at first). Think she thinks I am gonna chuck her outside again :-( so wont go near me. I will just have to win her confidence back again and hope she improves.

Elaine
06-11-2006, 03:15 PM
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/
Donna I also posted this on your picture thread, but Wizz is a very lovely and understanding person who is very knowledgable in cat behaviour problems. She has helped me and many others in the past.

Donna
06-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the link.

Booktigger
06-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Please do get her checked out for cystitis, however little you think it is that - I had 3 cats with it last year, and all 3 showed completely different symptoms, only one was 'classic' cystitis symptoms.

Donna
06-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes, BT, that is lurking in my mind too. I will not have her suffering so will get this looked into even if it is to "tick the box" in getting her happy again.

We have made a big effort with her over the last 24 hours and she seems a bit happier. She has not had an accident and she even layed on me for 20 on the sofa tonight getting attention.