PDA

View Full Version : Sick Computer....

Moli
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
My Comp is sick, its overheating and doing all kinds of silly things, like crashing!!and running really slow:( , So I am using my sons, which has not got a mouse, having great fun using this bloomin' pad!!!

Mags
03-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Your comp isn't a year old yet is it Moli? It will still be under a guarantee won't it?

Moli
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I got it last xmas, so it must be.....Hubby thinks, because I use it in the kitchen and never move it, I would be better with a desk top...

Fran
03-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I got it last xmas, so it must be.....Hubby thinks, because I use it in the kitchen and never move it, I would be better with a desk top...

Your hubby could be right Moli! Laptops are notoriously fragile and problems can be difficult to sort if they arise. Having said that,I wouldn't gp back to having a desktop. I love the freedom of my laptop. Ten minutes ago, I was chatting to you from my living room....now I am chating to you from my bed :shock: :-D

Moli
03-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Mine is always plugged in, in the kitchen, and hubby thinks, with the cooking etc that goes on in the kitchen, it cannot do the comp much good.....
I don't really care if its a laptop or desk top, just want it to work!:(

Dearster
18-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I prefer a desktop pc, alot quicker in my opinion and alot more space, better graphics, just dont really like laptops at all.

dandysmom
18-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I'd love to have a laptop for the convenience of being able to sit out on the porch or in the garden in nice weather instead of being inside with the desktop... but I do know they're fragile, and can be temperamental and....expensive! What are you planning to do, Moli? Have it checked out or get a desktop also?

Moli
18-04-2007, 07:59 PM
I have a new laptop DM, just do not have the room for a desktop....

Erin
18-04-2007, 08:50 PM
moli you can get lap top coolers that the lap top sits on,its got 2 or more fans on it,we have one for our laptop its brilliant,have a look here -

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1071/

Moli
18-04-2007, 08:52 PM
moli you can get lap top coolers that the lap top sits on,its got 2 or more fans on it,we have one for our laptop its brilliant,have a look here -

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1071/Thanks Erin, think I will find out about them,,,;)

Claire m
19-04-2007, 09:25 AM
My Comp is sick, its overheating and doing all kinds of silly things, like crashing!!and running really slow:( , So I am using my sons, which has not got a mouse, having great fun using this bloomin' pad!!!

Hey Moli, just a thought have you tryed defragging and doing a disk clean up this usally speeds things up and sorts out some of the problems as this has happend to me.

also try this link it will fix any problems that you may have in your registry its about a 2 hour scan but well worth it its a free download from microsoft.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/toolbar/default.htm?s_cid=ToolbarScan

Hreow
19-04-2007, 12:36 PM
With over-heating as one of the problems, I'd take a toothbrush to any airvents (fans) that you may come across. Kitchen grease and dust is a bad combination for shutting down the cooling.

Moli
19-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey Moli, just a thought have you tryed defragging and doing a disk clean up this usally speeds things up and sorts out some of the problems as this has happend to me.

also try this link it will fix any problems that you may have in your registry its about a 2 hour scan but well worth it its a free download from microsoft.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/toolbar/default.htm?s_cid=ToolbarScanHubby does that every weekend for me.....

Moli
19-04-2007, 05:20 PM
This thread was posted November 2006, so my comp is all sorted now!thanks everybody for the advice...,:D

dandysmom
19-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Short memories, eh Moli? :oops: (Mutters to self "Must look at posting date"....)

Animagus
20-04-2007, 08:33 AM
LOL @ Dandysmom

Hreow
23-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Gave my PC bad ideas, though. It has crashed; Probable villains include power-suppy, motherboard *and* sound card. New PC on order.

(can we close and delete this thread now before the new PC reads it...:-D)