PDA

View Full Version : I have relented..

Moli
01-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Chancer has settled in well with us, even Merlin is getting on with him now....But, he insists on going out at night, and although I have kept him in, he was not happy, so now let him go out at night...Didn't think I was being fair, being a stray he had his own lifestlye....He is on the doorstep every morning, has his breakfast, then sleeps all day...:roll:

yola
01-11-2006, 10:37 AM
You just can't go against a cat's will can you Moli. They will have their own way in the end.

It's best I think that Chancer does what makes him happy. That way you'll be certain he WILL return to you each morning. And you never know, once the wanderlust is out of his system he may settle to a routine preferred by you! :D

Sweet
01-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Mau Mau is similar, some nights she chooses to stay in, but if she asks I let her out, she seems to like the nightime, in the morning shes waiting for her breakfast. The others I keep in, only occasionaly Violet has chosen to stay out, but then I worry about her, Mau is older, more confident x

Mags
01-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Chancer now knows where he is well off Moli so he will always be waiting for you and his breakfast in the morning;) You may find when your winter gets really bad he will prefer to stay in some nights......

dandysmom
01-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I was going to say the same think; when the weather turns really awful he might decide that being a house cat isn't so bad after all....