PDA

View Full Version : have ginger cats have a different temprement to tabby cats

binza
31-10-2006, 10:14 PM
i have 2 tabby cats which are both softys and love being cuddled and a ginger tom who hates being hanled only when he wants it, is there a difference betwwen the two .
I did have a ginger tom 2yrs ago before he died and he ahad a simular temprement.
tracy

ATD
15-02-2007, 11:25 PM
my ginger female has a split personality 1 min she is soft and wants a love the nxt she will scratch your eyes out (only towards me and my bf no1 else) but the new addition loves cuddles but he is mainly white so maybe
ATD xxx

Kobster
16-02-2007, 02:30 AM
I have a ginger and a tabby and I find that to be the case also. Mocha, my tabby, is in my lap every single time I sit down. Kobie will come to me for love, maybe once a day, for a few minutes, then he's on his way. He doesn't like to be cuddled and cooed over unless its on his terms.

Also, he's loopy as all get out. Anyone else have a crazy orange (ginger) cat?

alexgirl73
16-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't have a ginger now, but I had one a few years back. Tigger also had a split personality. He would lie quite happily beside you on the sofa but then wake up and start yowling his head off and running around like a tasmanian devil!! He would only let you pick him up if HE wanted you too, otherwise it was claws at 20 paces, lol!

borderdawn
16-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Moose my ginger (red) is the naughtiest Cat I have ever had, but he is incredibly loving and a cuddle monster. Scooter is ginger/white, very loving and friendly, darcy again ginger/white was friendly with us and lovely on his own but could be aloof.
Dawn.

Fran
16-02-2007, 05:00 PM
I've never owned a ginger. Of all the cats I have ever owned, the torties seem to be the naughtiest imo :)

Elaine
16-02-2007, 11:31 PM
http://www.messybeast.com/colour-tempment.htm
dont know if this helps, havent had the chance to read it through properly myself yet.

freckles
07-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi

I have just joined today & have been looking at the different topics & came across this one.

I have 4 cats. The two grey & white ones are very loveable, however i have a long haired ginger & white but he looks more caramel than ginger, but he can be very loving & will chirp when he is feeling affectionate.

However his brother who is real ginger & white is a little beast. He is loving when he wants to be, he is definately the boss, if one of the other cats is sitting in a chair & he decides he wants it even though there are another 4 places he could cuddle up & go to sleep on, he will jump up & swipe at whoever is in the chair until they get off then he will curl up and go to sleep.

He also terrorises the other neighbourhood cats. Yet he is so funny & very lovable with a great character. I think he has the devil in him.:evil:

dandysmom
07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I grew up with a ginger male alter who apparently was atypical: he was very affectionate and loved people...would flop down on the sidewalk in front of strangers and ask for s tummy rub! As far as torties being naughty, I've had two blues (blue-cream) and they both were very laid-back sedate girls!