PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cat on a diet

sandy
30-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Just been talking a friend in our street. She has an elderly cat who is overweight and has been put on a diet by the vet, since he is in danger of becoming diabetic. The special food she has to buy is jolly expensive and has to be weighed out in strict portions.

This has not led to weight loss because the next-door neighbour keeps feeding the cat. My friend has explained the situation to her 3 times and asked her pointedly to stop feeding him. The neighbour just keeps saying, "but he won't come to see me if I stop feeding him." The only solution is to keep the cat indoors, which is impossible, since he's been an outdoor cat all his life and tears the place apart if he can't get out.

I'm afraid I'd have had a major row with the neighbour in her place! How stupid, and how very selfish!

dandysmom
30-10-2006, 10:18 PM
She's explained to the neighbor that feeding hin is endangering his health and the woman won't stop!? Unbelievably stupid; how can you reason with someone like that? Tell her she won;t see him anymore when he dies because of her....maybe that might sink in.!!! :roll:

Mags
30-10-2006, 10:30 PM
What a selfish woman, she is not helping the poor cat at all! :mad:

Sweet
30-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Not a nice situation x

Kim
30-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Unbelievable and selfish - stupid woman!!!

Booktigger
02-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Very tricky situation - Ginger was overweight all the time I had him, and I could never get my neighbours to stop feeding him, as they didn't see him as overweight!!! She could try giving the neighbour some of the special food, and insist that is all he has.

alexgirl73
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Unbelievable! The stupidity of some people. It isn't her cat, so if the owner asks her to stop feeding it she should!

hamish
29-11-2006, 09:18 PM
She should think about the cat rather than about herself

Mags
29-11-2006, 09:25 PM
deleted.............

kado
18-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Simons going to have to go on a special diet and i feel lucky that when and if he goes out everybody where i live knows not ot feed him anything. I found out kado goes into a neighbours house where his 4 friends live and has a breakfast out of there dishes then comes home and has some more. Guinness goes to another house to have food there lucky its the same as ours.