PDA

View Full Version : PEbbles has diarrhea again

Booktigger
28-10-2006, 07:03 PM
She was only at the vet on Thurs as her third eyelids still werent right, but the vet couldn't find anything wrong with her, and said to just feed her what her stomach will tolerate - the only things she has had today is RC sensitivity, 2 Natures Menu treats and a very small amount of dry food. She has been eating the dry all week with no probs. No sign of dehydration though, so will montior her fluids and toilet till Mon, and ring the vet back to see if she wants to see her again - Pebbles is running very low on tolerance at the vets!!! Fortunately, I forgot to take the insurance form up on Thurs, I do hope today's was a one off though. I might push for blood tests next week, the vet said on Thurs she didn't see any reason for them, but i am not sure now.

alexgirl73
28-10-2006, 09:57 PM
BT, you have my utter sympathies on this. There is nothing worse than this constant problem with the runs. I hopw you have more luck than I seem to be having with Teddy.

Sweet
28-10-2006, 10:44 PM
((((((hugs)))))) x

Elaine
28-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Maybe a poo sample would be an idea for Pebbles and you too Desley. I am very sorry to hear that Pebbles is still not doing so well and hope you can find a solution too. xxx

Booktigger
29-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, will ask about that. I can't believe this has flared up again, esp not 2 days after a vet visit!!

Booktigger
30-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Gave her purely HiLife yesterday, and have had no more diarrhea. So, think I will have to stick to that - although I find it odd that RC sensitivity flared her up - although it took days for her stomach to be fine while on it. So, means I have all 4 all on different food, what joy!!

Booktigger
04-11-2006, 03:28 PM
She had a bit of diarrhea on Thurs, so gave her chicken for her brekkie yesterday. Got home last night, and she had a gunky eye, and no interest in getting off the bed, and seemed dehydrated, so rang the vets to book her in for this morning. The vets recommendation was taking her to the emergency vets to be put on a drip for a couple of days as she was bout 5% dehydrated, but all he could feel was a slight thickening of the small intestine, and very kindly offered to take her over for me. The emergency vets have just rang, they quickly found out how uncooperative she was, and had put it down to the journey, so i told him that was normal behavour, they are going to give her a slight sedation so they can properly examine her, put her on a drip (I did warn them about her attacking when taken off last time), take bloods, try and get a fecal sample and also do an abdominal x-ray. Both vets have said that with her age, it is a worry in case of anything serious due to the length of time, so am feeling rather emotional again. Insurance company are going to love me, I only received the claim for the nose treatment this morning, and I imagine the claim for this diarrhea is going to be close to £200.

alexgirl73
04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
oh BT. I can imagine how you are feeling just now. Hopefully they find the underlying cause of it all this time and can get her started on treatment. ((((hugs))))

Booktigger
04-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks - I am supposed to be out tonight, but going out is the last thing I want to do!! But, can't let my friend down. I just hope the blood tests dont show anything really bad - he said they shoudl be back late afternoon.

alexgirl73
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Sometimes we just need to take a break from everything for a while. Go out with your friend and have a good time. It wont hurt Pebbles any, and will give you some much needed you time!

Booktigger
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, thats what my friends always tell me!! I have had a lot of 'me' time with it being my birthday though, have eaten out 3 nights in a row so far, so already felt guilty about tonight, but it is a baby shower for my friend who is 8 months pregnant, so can't really not go, esp as I will be godmum.

alexgirl73
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
You can never have enough 'me time' BT, especially when things are stressful. Go, enjoy and drool over baby things, lol! Just dont bring back stories of how cute and tiny things were, 'cause I don't want to get broody!

Booktigger
04-11-2006, 03:57 PM
I'll have to take your word on that - i was supposed to be doing loads of housework today, but now she is in the vets, I am on here instead!! Must go soon and spend more time with Shadow though, as I will be going out in 3 hours. I wont be drooling, I dont like babies - and haven't got my friend anything yet!!

Booktigger
04-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Well, emergency vets have just rang and all the tests have come back now, and everything is unremarkable - typical Pebbles!! The x-rays showed some normalish faeces in her colon, so they are going to wait and see what she passes before doing any treatment, but she is on a drip - he said her intestines could be slightly thick, but they can't tell for certain yet. I can ring later tonight for an update, as he doesn't think anything major will happen till then. If what she next passes is still runny, they will be running tests on it.

Booktigger
05-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Last nights updte: Just spoken to the vet, and she has passed normal stools - although in her bed rather than the tray!! So, their first question was do I have more than one cat!! I said yes, but I watched her go this morning (sad of me, I know!!), so it couldn't have come from anyone else. They are now wondering if it is something more like a food intolerance, but unless she has suddenly developed an allergy to either meat or fish, nothing much has changed - the treats were introduced well before this flare up, as I am on my second bag of them, the only other new food they have had is the stuff i had leftover from Ginger, but that was over a week before this all flared up. They have some blood left, so they are going to send it off for pancreatic testing just in case, but I dont think he is holding much out for that. They are testing her poo though, and are going to monitor her till tomorrow in case she does pass anymore diarrhea.
This mornings update: she is still on a drip, not passed any diarrhea yet, so they are going to try and feed her a little to see what happens, as they dont want to give her any meds till they know what is giong on. They are not sure when she can come home yet, I will ring just after lunch, and if they dont think she will be coming home today, I will pop over and see her.

Booktigger
05-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Spoke to the vets again, she is eating and no diarrhea, but they still want to keep her overnight again. Am going to see her in a bit.

Mags
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM
That's good news BT, I hope the progress continues ........give her a cuddle from me :D

alexgirl73
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Thinking of you and Pebbles BT. Hope the news is good.

Elaine
05-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Fingers crossed for Pebbles desley xxx

Booktigger
05-11-2006, 07:22 PM
She was pleased to see me, bless her. She has her front right leg completely bandaged up with the drip, so moving isn't easy - and when she had a wee, she had to sit down, cos she couldn't balance enough, poor thing. Glad it is them having to wash her down rather than me though!! She has actually put a slight amount of weight on despite all this!! I have to ring mid morning, and hopefully they will be able to tell me when she can come home.

Sweet
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
((((((hugs to pebbles)))))) x

Booktigger
06-11-2006, 10:54 PM
WEll, she is home, and sat on my knee as I type. She has had a bit of bleeding from where her drip came out, but typically wont let me wash her. I am not quite as happy as she is though, that is for a separate thread though!!

alexgirl73
06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
glad to hear she is home BT. (((hugs)))

Booktigger
07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks - she is too!!