PDA

View Full Version : My heart missed a few beats

alexgirl73
27-10-2006, 04:33 PM
I've stoped shaking enough to type now. We were all sitting in the living room watching tv when OH asked me to find some paractamol for him (been to the docs this morn, they think he either has an ulcer or gastro enteritis), on the way up the stairs I suddenly realised I hadn't seen Cooper in a while. On the way past Raechels room (she has gone to her friends house) I heard a patheticl ittle squeak, when I opened the door I nearly had heart failure. Cooper was on the floor of Raechels room trying to support himself with his back legs. He had the cord from Raechels brownie bag wrapped round his neck and it was all twisted where he had been trying to free himself. It was very tight around his neck. I got scratched trying to free him. Thank God he seems none the worse for it and I've managed to get him to drink a little water and he's also had a little food. I swear that these cats will be the death of me!

Emm
27-10-2006, 04:47 PM
what a shock for you! Luckily hes alright - now go and have a cuppa or something stronger to help you calm down!

Mags
27-10-2006, 05:46 PM
:shock: What an awful shock that must have been! So pleased he was alright.....it could have been a lot worse:(

I bet you shared OH's paracetemol after that Alex!:)

Moli
27-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Goodness, it doesn'y bear thinking about! Thankfully you found him, they are horrors, get into everything...

dandysmom
27-10-2006, 08:12 PM
How scary! Thank God you got there when you did..doesn't bear thinking what could have happened. More grey hairs!!!

alexgirl73
27-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Bless his little white socks. He's been very cuddly after what happened, but still hasn't stopped him from trying to get into mischief. He's been trying to play with the wires in the living room tonight. I swear I'll be grey by the end of the month at this rate!

sandy
28-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Phew, I'd be shaking too after that!

Worst cat shock I ever had was when I put a 'dead' kitten in the rubbish bin. It had been 'dead' for half aday, from the litter of a stray cat I allowed to have kittens in my cellar. All the other kittens were 'alive'.

I was pottering about in the utility room when I heard a rustle coming from the bin: the kitten had warmed up and started breathing and moving about! I was so dreadfully appalled at what I had done and got him back to mum pronto! No harm done, found him a home when the time came.

dinahsmum
28-10-2006, 11:08 AM
:shock:
Kittens! Who'd have 'em? :roll:

Sweet
28-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I know that feeling....when Vincent got stuck and nearly hung himself in my back garden.

((((((hugs Cooper))))) x

dandysmom
28-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Sandy, what an appalling story!!! Thank heavens you heard the little one!!

yola
28-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Oh lordy . . . what a horrible near-tragedy . . . on all counts :shock: