PDA

View Full Version : Advice about my 6 month old cats

kado
26-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi everybody You will guess i am new too this. I have two male 15 month both neutered cats i also have two 6 month old kittens from different litters boy and girl. I saw drops of blood near the litter tray today . I dont think its the older ones. Does a female cat actualy bleed during a season.

yola
26-10-2006, 07:19 PM
If they are neutered there should technically be no 'season'. I suspect it might be a UTI (uriniary tract infection). I don't wish to alarm you, but please take your cat(s) to the vet right away as it can turn into a blockage which can be fatal.

If one of your cats has been on the litter tray frequently and passing little or no urine this will be a definite symptom.

alexgirl73
26-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Is the female kitten actually neutered yet, or is it just your older males?

kado
27-10-2006, 09:37 AM
The female kitten is nearly 6months old and the male is 6months different litters not neutered or spayed yet. My other two are neutered 15 month old boys. I think my youngest boy Simon had been eating the packet around cat litter and when he went to the loo last night i saw a streeak of blood in it. I dont want to neuter him as we have a big tom cat (guinness) who bullys the other boy(kado) but not the little girl kay. Both the younger kittens have also if i leave the bathroom door open rip the toilet roll to shreads and i think they might eat it as well.

alexgirl73
27-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm not 100% sure if female cats bleed or not when in season, obviously female dogs do but unsure about cats. Personally when you know they have a habit of eating things, I would just give the vet a quick call and ask them if they bleed or not or whether they think it might be something she ate. Sorry I cant be of more help.

sandy
27-10-2006, 10:07 PM
I've never seen any bleeding with my female cats in heat. If they were in heat you'd know it alright, LOL! They get absolutely frantic, will jump out of windows if need be to get outside, stick their bums in your face, moan with passion, etc. You'd also have all the neighbouring tom cats on your doorstep, fighting and yowling.

Mags
27-10-2006, 10:13 PM
I've never seen any bleeding with my female cats in heat. If they were in heat you'd know it alright, LOL! They get absolutely frantic, will jump out of windows if need be to get outside, stick their bums in your face, moan with passion, etc. You'd also have all the neighbouring tom cats on your doorstep, fighting and yowling.
:lol::lol: I couldn't have put it better myself Sandy!!

kado
27-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks for everones replys Now i do thinks its my little boy found blood in his poo likes to eat anything that is not tied down. Have to redecorate the bathroom as well. both my kittens are bonkers in the morning anyway. The little boy simon is sitting on my knee as i am typing he follows me every where.

Mags
27-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you have your hands full there! :lol:

kado
27-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes i have love them all too bits . Kado had cat flu when we got him at 7wks. Guinness we rescued from a exfriend who was looking after him he had cat flu as well. Simon is daft as a brush and wont leave me for long he climbs on anything he can and chases al the catsand finaly kay she is a real little madam not afraid of anything. There alll asleep now

Mags
27-10-2006, 11:10 PM
We would love to see some pics of them sometime, if you have any ;)