PDA

View Full Version : Sore Botty

alexgirl73
23-10-2006, 11:03 PM
:oops: Does anyone have any advice on how to help Teddys sore bottom? His little bum is very red and painful looking. We have been giving him adult cat food mixed with tree bark powder and natural live yoghurt and this shows promising signs of helping with his runs, the last 2 days his stools have thickened slightly, but the problem now is how to help heal his bottom. I tried putting on a little savlon but he just licked it straight off and obviously I don't want him doing that, so any other suggestions?

dinahsmum
24-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Hopefully, once the diarrhoea is under control, his botty will soon get better. In the meantime I wouldn't bother too much, except maybe bathe it a few times a day with warm water with a little salt added.

Mags
24-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Also, I think an animal's saliva is a great healer in itself..........

Moli
24-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Poor little Teddy.....Sure as the other have said, once his tummy settles, his botty will clear up too...

Elaine
24-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Poor Teddy, I remember Eva going through a similar stage as a kitten. I wouldnt touch it too much though as he will probably be cleaning it by his self. Glad his runny bot is clearing up. The tree bark you mention, I assume its slippery elm bark? I would swear by it for digestive issues.