PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Wanted

ellenlouise
23-10-2006, 03:06 PM
My boyfriend is looking for a new member of the family. He has 1 Border collie who is a gentle as anything and is more intrested in sleeping all day than anything else. He has two hamsters which we have brought together and two bunnies. I have just moved out of there house as I have decided to be back at home while studying for my a levels. I have just started back in education after a year out which is another story. Anyway back to the point he has been wanting a kitten for a while. He has just got a full time job and see now that the circumstances are perfect. So any help on advice to help us start on our search would be great.

dinahsmum
23-10-2006, 03:16 PM
You shouldn't have any trouble finding a kitten at this time of year.
Cats Protection or RSPCA or Cheltenham Animal Shelter (where my late Tizzie came from :) )
Or the local papers, vets surgery notice boards, etc etc

ellenlouise
23-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I have heard that black and white kittens find it harder to find homes. Is this true as I am not fussed on what my kitten looks like and if this is the case I would go for a B and W. I will contact my local cats protection league and will keep you updated.

I have already brought kitten bowl mate and kitten toy.

I have made a list of things:-

Cat bed
Scratch post
Toys
Litter tray
Litter
Kitten food
Bowl X2

Is there anything else I may need?

Also would your reccommened Drontal as its a wormer and a flea treatment as I havent used this on my cats I used Frontlin and then have a seperate wormer provided by vet.

Mags
23-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't forget the poop scoop!;)

Tanya
23-10-2006, 09:29 PM
A cat carrier, so you can safely pick the kitten up and take him/her to the vets! :)

ellenlouise
24-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Poop a scoop added to list.

Already have a cat carrier as we have rabbits and they go in there when they need visit to vets.

Went on PAH website today and have written a more exstensive list and prices. Certainly isnt cheap getting a kitten but so worth it.

I have spoken to my local CPL and spoke to a very nice lady she had nothing suitable at the moment but I have left my deatails with her.

Also I have been contacted by someone who thinks her two moggies are pregnant. I would rather rescue as I am not sure about these kittens. I will find out more details, soon.

I was also very naughty today and brough kitten bowl mat and a toy, I won't be telling the OH. He has been thinking about getting a kitten for two years. So I think he is very excited that it finally coming together.

Also I've made a little powerpoint presentation which will be a started kit of care advice for OH to read through.

alexgirl73
24-10-2006, 05:30 PM
well done you, very prepared before you've even got the kitten!

Mags
24-10-2006, 06:30 PM
That's what I like....an organised person....well done!;)

Moli
24-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Everything in place, now all you need is the kitten...:D

ellenlouise
25-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks everyone. Can't wait to get the kittens.