PDA

View Full Version : help with my cats change in behavior

bagpuss29
17-10-2006, 08:57 PM
my yougest cat who is 4 has started peeing all over the house it started about 6 months ago but the last few days i have woken to find she has pooed in the bath room it doesnt go out at all. it stays in my middle daughters bedroom all the time apart from at night when it comes down stairs for the night. when my husband leaves for work she goes up stairs and in to my daughters bedroom which thats when she does it.she has been peeing everywhere in the wash basket (with washing in it) the dog feed bowl, the bath we have tried putting another cat litter tray upstairs which hasnt worked. she doesnt like people apart from the middle daughter is scared of everything (been like that since we got her at 8 weeks old) we have got 2 other cats mother (bunker 9) and son (fatman 7) fatman and pebbles are sole mates he will wash her for hours and lie with her bunker always warns her off (that has been like that for the 4 years we have had her) the other cats dont use the litter tray they go out
wood be grateful for any help

jane

dinahsmum
18-10-2006, 11:42 AM
She sounds a little stressed.
Maybe the DAP diffuser/spray (Feliway) would make her feeel a bit better?

yola
18-10-2006, 04:09 PM
There may be health reasons why she's pooing and peeing. I'd suggest getting her checked over at the vet as this can often be a sign that something's not right.

Also, it's true she may be stressed - I would also suggest the Felliway or alternatively, Bach's rescue remedy which is a herbal de-stresser.

The problem is that once they 'go' somewhere it's hard to get rid of the smell. Try and clean the area with a special neutraliser rather than a strong-scented cleaner as it will make her go in the same spot all the more.

Hope that helps :-)