PDA

View Full Version : Sisters hate eachother

Smudge's-mommy
17-10-2006, 08:41 PM
:smt039 Hi

I don't tend to frequent this forum as much as I probably should but I just wondered, I know it's quite common for sisters to fall out but our cats absolutely hate eachother.

We got them as kittens from a rescue - unsure of their actual ages, I suspect, looking back they were about 5 months.

They used to get on really well as kittens but soon grew to hate each other. Thing is, they can't even pass eachother in the house without having a go at one another. I know it's a long shot but I don't suppose there's anything I can do?

I've probably left it too long as they're 8 years old now but just thought I'd check! :lol:

you only ever see the two of them together if their food bowl is empty!

dandysmom
17-10-2006, 08:59 PM
That is a problem; afraid I don't have any suggestions...at 8 years they're pretty well set in their ways, I imagine. You mention "food bowl"; do they share one or have separate bowls? Do they squabble over the food? Maybe separate ones...??

Smudge's-mommy
17-10-2006, 09:02 PM
That's the strange thing, they never squabble over food! they share a bowl and will either have their head in together or sit and wait til the other has finished!

But if one tries getting down the stairs past the other one all hell is let loose!

Kazz
17-10-2006, 10:39 PM
My two used to do things like that :) can I ask does one go out and the other not a lot? I used to put it down to the fact the one who went out sometimes came back smelling of other "alien" cats. Mine were brother and sister. But due to the fact yours are 8 now it can't be too bad they have more than likely settled into a routine and the stairs (as you gave as an example) is "disputed territory - ie close contact. Not all cats would choose to live with another yours are possibly this way inclined but at 8 as I say are more than likely resigned to the fatc they "share" :)

Emm
18-10-2006, 09:20 AM
I have 4 cats and 3 of them seem to have a hate relationship with poor Mencius - I say poor Mencius but he can be really evil with the other cats at times - he hides and then pounces at the others and I have to then go and scrape the victim off the ceiling :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about it - I doubt there is much you can do cats seem to do as they wish any way :lol:

Moli
18-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Two of mine have a love/hate relationship, they are fine together, but every now and then, Merlin decides to give Leo a thick ear, and I have to sort them out...

Smudge's-mommy
18-10-2006, 12:16 PM
haha thanks guys!

Smudge does tend to go out more than Smitch. Smitch has always been the 'old' one :lol:

Smudge used to try and play with Smitch and when we had our siamese x Smudge loved her, but Smitch hates playing and has never had much confidence so i put it down to Smudge being too boisterous for her.

Now both cats hiss and growl at eachother and poor Smudge comes down the ladder from the attic only to get stuck because Smitch won't let her off it!

But - they have a catflap and both always choose to come back so they can't hate eachother too much!