PDA

View Full Version : Da Vinci Code

dinahsmum
16-10-2006, 02:10 PM
At last I have read the da Vinci Code (whilst on holiday). So, 2 years later than everyone else, I can join in discussion! :)
Have you read it? What did you think?
I enjoyed it, it was fine, had a good pace and some nice twists. However, I can't really see why it has received so much acclaim when other similar (perfectly good) books haven't. Perhaps Dan Brown has a very good publicist?

Mags
16-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I haven't read it but hubby finished it a couple of days ago! He said he enjoyed it and it was a book that held him and didn't want to put down.

Maybe I'll get around to reading it one day too!

dinahsmum
16-10-2006, 02:23 PM
It's a worthwhile read Mags - and not a difficult one. I think I had been under the impression that it was quite complicated.

yola
16-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I haven't read it, but hubby has.

He says it's an interesting concept, gripping but essentially flawed. I'm not really interested enough to enquire about the detail of this critique :roll: not really my kind of thang.

dandysmom
16-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I enjoyed it thoroughly a year or so ago when I read it; quite gripping! But I do agree that there others in the same genre equally good that didn't get as much publicity...offhand can't think of names but will check my Amazon list & post some names if anyone is interested. Glad you liked it!

Emm
27-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I haven't read it yet but hope to get round to it some day - I'm wanting to see the film first - I would like to see the links to the others books - I LOVE things like that :D

alexgirl73
27-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I loved the book. Yes it was flawed but still left you thinking, what if? There are similar books of the genre which I have enjoyed. One I have just finished is 'The Rule of Four' cant remember the authors names .It was a joint effort if I remember rightly. Has similar overtones as the Dan Brown books, I have also just finished Deception Point by him, quite enjoyed that too.