PDA

View Full Version : Litter Tray help

alexgirl73
14-10-2006, 11:16 AM
You all know about Teddys problems by now, but the last two nights we have had a new one. He hasn't used his litter tray at night and instead has done his business on the hall floor. How can I stop him doing this? The stool have been more like water and I was wondering if it was because of his diarrhoea. Any advice would be appreciated because I don't know what to do.

Moli
14-10-2006, 11:34 AM
How many litter trays do you have Alex? very often a cat will not use one that another has used...I have 3 for 5 cats...

alexgirl73
14-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I've only got 1 litter tray on the go at the moment Moli, 'cause when I had the other one out none of them used it. They all seem to have gravitated to the same one, however I am going to put another one out tonight to see if this may help him.

Moli
14-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I have 2 covered ones and an open one, one of my cats will only use the same one, the others use either....Try putting a scoop of used litter from one into the new one, it often encourages them to use a new one..

Elaine
14-10-2006, 07:59 PM
If its any consolation Alex, I have 4 trays for two cats and the Diva will only use a tray every other day, sometimes less fequently than that. This has been an on going problem for some time and I have tried absolutely everything. My next step is gonna have to be to re-train her with the use of a pen and she is gonna create hell when that happens. LOL

Elaine
14-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh sorry forgot to add, it may have been the case that Teddy just got caught short and didnt make it to the box in time. Poor babe has had a time of it.

alexgirl73
14-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Good grief Elaine, you have got a Diva haven't you, lol! I hope it doesn't reach that stage with Teddy. He is using it during the day but hasn't the last two nights. I'll see how he goes tonight as he has been on the chicken and rice (sound familiar) all day.

Elaine
15-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Good grief Elaine, you have got a Diva haven't you, lol! I hope it doesn't reach that stage with Teddy.

Dont worry, I am sure the Diva is a rare breed:lol: I love her anyway, warts and all;)