PDA

View Full Version : rescues

smudgley
11-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Here's a little update on the rescues I curerently have in (sorry no photos yet)

I have 4 litters of kittens with their moms, all friendly & in good health. I also have an older male cat whose owner passed away & poor old cat was shut in the house for over a week as noone knew the man had passed away. - he's on the mend now & doing well. :) I should be having a pregnant cat coming in soon too as 3 of the adults (the moms) are reserved & will be going soon.

Donna
11-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Ooh you tease - you know we will want photos!!!

smudgley
11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Pretty kitty photos soon...... I'm still not on line at home yet. :(

Moli
11-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Thats a lot of kittys, looking forward to pictures of them all......:D When will you be back online at home Smudgley?

Kazz
11-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Good God woman, thats no where near enough information - you know that.
Colours, names and sexes PLEASE. :)

smudgley
11-10-2006, 09:48 PM
We moved back into the house last weekend - after 10 weeks in the caravan - yep the intended 10 days ended up being 10 weeks (long story):roll:

Anyway - we're back in, but are just living in the kitchen / bedroom at the mo. Bathroom is being fitted on Sat. Then we will be getting back to normality. Mr Smudgley doesn't want me to set up the PC yet as there is still lots of brick dust about but hopefully in a week or 2 we should be ok. that's if I can find my PC amongst all the stuff in the garage:roll:

Mags
11-10-2006, 09:52 PM
This just isn't good enough Smudgley....you know we have to have our kitten fix from you:-D

smudgley
11-10-2006, 09:54 PM
OK Kazz.

Arthur ~ Old man tabby & white ~

Smudge ~ B & W mommy
Rosie (Smudges kitten) B & W (3 months old)

Choo-Choo:oops: I didn't pick that! B & W mommy
the S litter x4 kittens 10 weeks old (2 tabby, 1 black & 1 B&W)

Smokey grey mommy &
Buttons Tortie mommy

Came in together with 3 kittens between them (not sure who is mommy to which ones):roll: 1 tabby, 1 black & 1 black & white, about 7 weeks old.

Kazz
11-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Like the sound of Arthur - I am a sucker for older cats I think, poor old man - he must have been so confused. Any idea how old at all?

Oh glad you're almost back to normal. Have been thinking of you. :)

Edited to say Smudge and Rosie are still with you????????

smudgley
11-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks Kazz:cat21

I would think he's about 12. I feel really sorry for him, he looks sad & confused :cry: .

smudgley
11-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Yes - Same Smudge that came in pregnant is still here & one of her kittens is still in too.

Kazz
11-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks Kazz:cat21

I would think he's about 12. I feel really sorry for him, he looks sad & confused :cry: .

Old she says OLD :roll: 12 is considered a youngster in this house.

Honestly though although I asked please tell me no more I get really upset about older cats in rescue than any others in rescue. No idea why must be soppy I guess.:(

Kazz
11-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Have they all got homes then Smudgley? and do you find BW or Black cats harder to rehome than any other colour?

smudgley
11-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Choo-Choo was a found pregnant stray who is going back to the lady who found her.

Smokey & Buttons were also found pregnant strays who are also going back to the people who found them.

It does seem to be that some people don't want black or B & W cats. The torties & tabbys seem to find homes easier.

alexgirl73
11-10-2006, 10:34 PM
What a shame people don't want B&W's. My Cooper is a little sweetheart. I didn't even ask what colour mine were when I enquired about them, I just wanted to let them pick me once I got there!

Booktigger
13-10-2006, 09:58 PM
WE have found b &w to be hard to home this summer - 2 of the females got to 4 and 6 months before finding homes, Martha was with us for about 14 weeks (1 week on our rehomign page before coming to me) and Tom 14.5 months - last two were older cats though.