PDA

View Full Version : Amish people and they way they treat dogs.

borderdawn
11-10-2006, 08:12 PM
As a member of a couple hunting sites, one member in the States hunts Coyotes on "Amish" owned land. He says they want the lot dead!! I commented on the fact I thought they were a very peaceful folk, not wanting much from life, just basic needs and to be able to provide for themselves. Imagine my horror to be told they are the biggest puppy mill breeders in pensylvania, and the conditions the dogs are kept in are horrific. They also sell dogs at "dog auctions" it really has upset me to think these people are like this, I admired them greatly for their beliefs and simple living.

They have breeds such as
Cavaliers
Shih-Tzu
Labradors
Bulldogs, English and American
Pit Bulls (One of which ATE a Shih-Tzu leg off! see video)
Mastiffs
Weimaraners
Papillons

all the popular breeds really.

Here is the link, be aware that the video are nasty, the poor Shih-Tzu is heart rending.

Please also understand this is NO attack on Amish people personally, just a shock find in my opinion.

http://www.awawatchdog.com/0205/index.htm (http://www.awawatchdog.com/0205/index.htm)
dawn.

Luke
11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Just 'orrible! Really disgusting

Moli
11-10-2006, 08:20 PM
That is horrendous!!!:( :mad:

Kazz
11-10-2006, 08:23 PM
No good can't look - I do my Ostrich impression when things like this pop up.

Mags
11-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Your post said enough for me to realise the horror of it Dawn, so like Kazz I couldn't look at the video......:(

Elaine
11-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Thats shocking!!! Poor doggies. I had no idea the Amish community were involved in this kind of torture.

Donna
11-10-2006, 09:00 PM
I looked at the site, but not the pictures or videos. I assumed these people were good, kind hearted, peaceful people.

Kim
11-10-2006, 09:14 PM
How awful, although not yet summoned up the courage to look at the video. In situations like this I always get so angry, yet feel so helpless for these poor animals. :mad: :(

alexgirl73
11-10-2006, 10:26 PM
No way I could watch it but what a shock to find this out about the Amish!

dandysmom
11-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I haven't looked at the video either, but am appalled that the Amish do something like that! They are generally respected here in the States as gentle good people; this is especially horrible now after the enormous outpouring of grief at the shooting of 10 little Amish girls in their schoolhouse lasst week by a deranged man...5 have died. I suppose I'll have to look at the video, but hope it;s exaggerated or maybe applies only to a small minority...although even that would be too much!!

lisa0307
12-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks..I watched the video and it's really disgusting...they should feel very ashamed of themselves.

yola
12-10-2006, 08:05 PM
No - not something I could watch. However, I too am shocked that a community that demonstrates such strong positive values could carry on in such a way. Whatever happened to kindness to all I wonder??