PDA

View Full Version : Tom Is Going To A New Home On Tues!!!!

Booktigger
08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
You might be able to tell I am really really pleased about this!! he is actually going to one of my best mates who I have known for nearly 20 years - she has never been a cat person though, she is a dog person, but she works too much for a dog. She thought she worked too much for a cat, but she is out of hte house around the same amount of time that I am, so I am sure he will be fine with her. And she lives in a cottage that has 4 floors, so excellent for Tom - no other pets, and no cats that close by. She has been drawn to Tom most of the time I have had him, she showed an interest before, but they were just about to go on hol, so it got forgotten about, but she popped round earlier, and he was playing with her and sleeping next to her, so she asked how she could go about adopting him. Am really glad I have got a non cat lover to fall in love with a cat - she was really taken with teh kittens when I took her to the rescue with me as well, but thought a kitten woudl be too much. So, I will be saying bye to him after 14 months - the longest foster I have had, it will be weird.

dandysmom
08-10-2006, 07:58 PM
What pleasant news...for you, Tom and your friend!!! May they share many happy years!

Elaine
08-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Excellent news Des. I wish them both all the very best of everything xxx

Booktigger
08-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys - will be hard, but it is part of being a fosterer. It is also odd as I am trying to cut ties with my neighbours, so I haven't told them - although I do want to, as Carol thought I wouldn't be able to home him and he woudl be with me till he died!!

Mags
08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
That's excellent news BT.....I hope Tom settles in well with your friend:)

Kazz
08-10-2006, 08:59 PM
So very very pleased, for Tom your friend and for you.

smithdouglaswood
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Great news for Tom, hope they have many happy years together.

Angie and the gang

Sweet
08-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Great news......get her to join Catsey x

Booktigger
09-10-2006, 10:00 PM
WEll, she rang me tonight to say that she was really missing him, and could she come and see him. She has been shopping today for food, tray, bowl and litter, but couldnt find him any toys or a carrier. So, I said she could borrow mine, so she took him tonight. Cant believe he is finally gone!! And MArtha also got rehomed tonight, so i have halved my cat numbers in less than 2 weeks, it feels really really quiet!!

alexgirl73
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Don't feel too sad, just think of the happiness the cats will bring to their new owners!

Booktigger
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
I am not too sad really - I thought I might cry when Tom went, as he has been here for so long, but I didn't, despte the fact he was the second to go tonight. I haven't actually cried when any of my fosters have gone to a new home, as that is why I do it!! The aim isn't for them to stay here forever (oops, I failed that in Molly's case -but she is the only one out of 18 adults and 5 kittens to be adopted), I only look after them till that forever home can be found, so i am normally happy when they get rehomed.

alexgirl73
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
You do a wonderful job, which takes a lot of courage to do. There aren't many people (me included) who would be able to do it.

Booktigger
10-10-2006, 07:05 AM
I hope I do a wonderful job, and there are a lot of people who do it, but sadly a lot that dont.

smithdouglaswood
10-10-2006, 04:58 PM
How is Tom settling into his new home?

Angie and the gang

borderdawn
10-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Great news BT, let us know how he settles in,
Dawn.

Booktigger
11-10-2006, 01:14 PM
They are both settling in well, I have had a pic of Martha (now JEt) already, and a really nice e-mailing about how wonderful she is and how grateful I gave them a chance (They had been turned down from other rescues for wanting an indoor only cat, but that is what Martha needed) - I am grateful I gave them the chance as I dont normally like cats travelling, and that home was well out of my normal comfort zone - but, she wasn't happy here, and they were the only people to be interested in 13 weeks, so I couldn't afford to say no without finding out more. Tom is a bit nervous and miaowing a lot, but I Thik that is normal and will die down soon.