PDA

View Full Version : How do you dress?

Mags
08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Do you go out and buy the latest fashions.....or do you buy what is comfortable for you?

Do you buy what colour is in fashion for that season.....or buy what suits you?

EmmaG
08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Well I hardly ever follow fashion but I buy most of my clothing from Next so I suppose I do follow it a bit. I do buy what is comfortable though.

Donna
08-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Havent a clue what is in fashion or not!!! So suppose I just buy whats comfortable whether its fashionable or not!!

Kim
08-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Definitely what is most comfortable, usually jeans & t-shirt

CathyW
08-10-2006, 05:40 PM
jeans n t-shirts for me as well, wear skirts in the summer. but nothing really fashionable. just comfy :)

dandysmom
08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Wasn't into fashion when I was working; just what I liked and was comfortable. Now that I'm retired, live in jeans & tees, sweats, and shorts & tank tops in the summer. Will dress up going out to dinner, but nothing fashionable...good dress pants & a nice sweater or blouse.

Moli
08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I dress for comfort, definitely not a fashion person, the only time I look ladylike is if we are going out to dinner, or have something special on...

candyshandy
08-10-2006, 10:41 PM
I've just lost 3 and half stone and so I'm going a bit mad at the mo buying clothes like they're going out of fashion (lol, gettit!!)

Fashion - but stick to styles and colours that suit me :)

yola
09-10-2006, 09:04 AM
I've always been a bit of a quirky dresser tending to go against the fashion grain rather than with it. Also, used to go through phases like 50's swirly-girly dresses; 30's 'Cabaret vamp' etc etc. All this was garnered from charity shops.

Now I'm in my 40s? Well I probably dress more 'conventional high street fashion' than I ever did!! I am still determined to get back to the wild rebel but need to consider things like lookign professional for work presentations and looking the part at the school run . . . I don't want to cause embarassment/problems for Dominik. It's a shame that compromises have to be made, but such is life I suppose :roll:

Hreow
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I dress like a male student who's just moved away from mum, unless I'm scrubbing up to stun. Latter case would be chique new dress, stockings and high heels. Not very often, though.

alexgirl73
09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I live in jeans and jumpers, and buy most of my stuff from charity shops. I love those places, you never know what you will find! The rest of my money goes on fashionable clothes for the girls!

sandy
03-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I like smart clothes, but classic rather than fashionable. Rarely go with trends and latest fashions, and am never influenced by fashionable colours.

This said, one buys stuff one feels is 'classic' but which eventually does look impossibly dated. I have a couple of expensive business suits in my wardrobe that are just too square shouldered to be worn these days. When I bought them I wasn't at all aware of them having big shoulders, probably because other women were wearing much bigger and more exaggerated shoulder pads. :)

At home it's jeans and T-shirts/sweaters.