PDA

View Full Version : Tiger is going to have to go to the vets tomorrow

Booktigger
04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
She is off her food again, she was there on the 8th Sept for the same reason, so I think they might want to do tests this time, as he did say last time if she wasn't better over the weekend, to bring her back for blood tests. Please keep your fingers crossed for her, I really dont know how I would cope if he thinks this is serious - I am used to cat illnesses, but this is rather soon after Ginger!!

alexgirl73
04-10-2006, 08:44 PM
BT, keeping everything crossed for you! Hope it turns out to be nothing too serious. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Mags
04-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Everything crossed here for Tiger, BT........I hope it's nothing serious:?

Elaine
04-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Everything crossed for you and Tigger xxx

dandysmom
04-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Fingers crossed here too & sending good vibes! Just what you don't need after just losing Ginger...

Donna
05-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Good luck for the vets today x

Sweet
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
All fingers and paws crossed here for today x

sweetmimi
05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Good luck today at the vets and hoping that it is nothing serious. Paws vrossed here for you as well.

Mags
05-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Have you any news yet BT?

Elaine
05-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Hope everything went well at the vets today Des xxx

Booktigger
06-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Didn't get chance to post on here last night, was a hectic night. She had a temp of 104, so they gave her a couple of jabs, and kept her overnight - I was told that if she hadn't eaten, they woudl consider testing her for FIV/FeLV (I insisted on them being sent away, even if I have to pay for them), and maybe x-rays, but it woudl depend on if she ate. I rang this morning just to check she was ifne, and they hadn't fed her as it woudl affect the blood test (will post separately about that), and when I rang back this afternoon, they had fed her, told me that not eating anything from yest morning to this afternoon wouldnt kill her - despite the fact she has been picky all week (I could be wrong on Tues though, I dont actually remember what she ate on that day, only Mon and Wed), and that he isnt going to check any other bloods till the FIV/FeLV test comes back, which I am not happy about, as she may end up having to go back - and they can't send the sample off till Mon, so she could have eaten today, and done the bloods tomorrow. And I can't pick her up tonight, as they are shutting early, so I am picking her up tomorrow night.

Booktigger
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Have picked her up - didn't see the vet as her results haven't come back, which gives me a chance to get my facts straight before I say anything. She has eaten 3 pouches of RC sensitivity food while there, and they sent her home with 2, but I gave her Whiskas - she has eaten a pouch!! He has also given her Rimadyl (anti-inflam) and Clavesptin (antibiotic - never heard of it though), both appparently palatable, and that has made me happier. She does seem happier in herself .

alexgirl73
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Hope she continues to improve, and that the blood tests come back all clear.

Mags
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
It's good to hear she has picked up and is eating, BT............fingers crossed the results of the blood test come back ok;)

dandysmom
07-10-2006, 08:48 PM
That wan't a very pleasantt experience at the vets, was it? Glad she's eating OK now, & hope the blood results are good!

Booktigger
07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
No, not at all!! WEll, she hasn't eaten all her tea or supper, but they did get something new today for their tea, so hopefully that explains it, as it took the girls ages to eat all theirs too. Then to top it off, Tom hasn't eaten any supper - he even slept through me shaking the biscuit box to dish out Tiger's, that is unheard of!! Sniffed his treat bowl, then went and slept in Ginger's bed - hopefully they will both be fine by the morning.

sweetmimi
13-10-2006, 07:02 PM
crossing everything for you that the blood tests come back OK

Booktigger
13-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Sorry folks, things have been a bit manic here!! PEbbles third eyelids came up on Sun, took her to the vet on Tues (they didn't think it was necessary to squeeze her in on Mon), who said she had no temp, her glands and heart were fine, so to keep an eye on her, and bring her back in two weeks if no better!! On Wed, she started with diarrhea, rang them back, and they said to give her bland food overnight and then take her if still not firmed up. so I took her to my old vets on Thurs, she was given fluids as she was dehydrated, vit b jab, another jab, antibiotics with Tiger not being well (took her up too, as she isn't eating normally and she is fine, but got told to stop the Rimadyl), and more sensitivity food. If she is dehydrated in the morning, I will pop her to the vets for more fluid, and if no better by Mon, I will be requesting tests - she is insured, so cost is nothing.

Booktigger
18-10-2006, 01:29 PM
WEll, still really manic - ended up taking PEbbles on Sat morning, and both PEbbles and Molly last night. Think those two have both stemmed from Tom leaving, as I decided to start leaving dry food down all the time, and they both eat quite a bit of it - so will stop that now. They are both gassy, but both due to be wormed, but think I will leave PEbbles's for a couple of days just to make sure her tum is fine. Pebbles has got to the stage where she is attacking just for trying to get her out of hte carrier, so the vet said that as she is eating and only on the verge of dehydration, she doesn't wnat to do anything more to her yet, but if no improvement to bring her back on Thurs. Her poos are pretty much back to normal though, but she is still on sensitivity food, and still isolated so I know exactly who is producing what - left her loose yesterday, and found two different lots of poo in one tray, so dont know who produced what (although am fairly certain).

Moli
18-10-2006, 01:53 PM
What a time you are having BT, hope they all recover soon, and things settled down again...

Mags
18-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Sounds like one big headache for you at the moment BT, I hope things will get easier soon........

dinahsmum
18-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Hope you get good news BT

Booktigger
19-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Tigers results have come back negative for both, I am so relieved. I suspected the FIV was negative, as it had come back on Mon and nothing was said about it - I was more concerned about the FeLV to be honest. Pebbles is pooing normally, so she is out of isolation now (but spent part of last night in the bathroom anyway!!), Molly is pooing normally - but also started to go down more, despite the fact she ends up sitting spitting at Tiger, bless her!! So I am finally off poo duty after a week, and can relax a bit - till tomorrow, when I am picking up my next foster - will put a post on her in behaviour.

Mags
19-10-2006, 08:32 PM
So pleased to hear the results were negative BT.... :D

Booktigger
20-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Me too!! Everyone is back on normal food and normal poos, so looks like the crisis is over, and it was just one of those things.