PDA

View Full Version : Countdown - Des leaves, who would you replace?

dinahsmum
30-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Des Lynham didn't last long on Countdown, did he?
Who do you think could replace him? It would probably have to be someone northern based, as it's recorded in Leeds and there is a heavy recording schedule.
Location apart, I think it should be one of the regulars, like Giles Brandreth (ugh - but he could do the show) Richard Stilgoe (ditto) or maybe the actor from Coronation St whose name I've forgotten. White balding hair, specs, ... oh, Alex, was that his character .... used to be Curly's boss in the frozen food store ..... and no, I haven't seen it for ages! :)

Mags
30-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Do you mean Ken Morley alias Reg Holdsworth, DM? Yes, I am a Corrie fan!!:-D

How about Michael Aspel?

dinahsmum
30-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Do you mean Ken Morley alias Reg Holdsworth, DM? Yes, I am a Corrie fan!!:-D

How about Michael Aspel?
That's him Mags.

Michael Aspel - yes, right sort of person but again far from the first flush of youth and I think he may not be 100% well. The age thing is a problem - it is strenuous (all that time with Carol! :roll: ) but the role doesn't really suit a youngster.
Really needs a 'young fogey'! :) Somebody like Adrian Chiles who did that 7o/c thing recently? Or a woman? :shock: Don't think Carol would like that.

Mags
30-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I think Carol likes to hog the show already!!;)

Mags
30-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Philip Schofield maybe?

Mags
30-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I think Jo Brand's dry humour would be perfect!:lol:

dinahsmum
30-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Wow yes - I'd love to see Jo on it!

alexgirl73
30-09-2006, 02:14 PM
To be honest, I just don't think the show has been the same since Richard died and I personally think it would be best to just let the show come to an end.

dinahsmum
30-09-2006, 02:20 PM
You may be right Alex. I haven't watched since Richard left. In fact I haven't watched it since they went to the earlier time. Don't have the TV on till later in the day - if at all.

Mags
03-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Well according to today's press there are three people tipped to take over Countdown........Carol Vorderman, Noel Edmonds or Des O' Connor!!:shock:
Yikes!!:shock:

MrsH
03-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Well according to today's press there are three people tipped to take over Countdown........Carol Vorderman, Noel Edmonds or Des O' Connor!!:shock:
Yikes!!:shock:

Oh No! none of the above please! How about Tim Brooke-Taylor or Lionel Blair?