PDA

View Full Version : RTA Ginger Moggie

alexgirl73
26-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Something really sad happened when hubby and I were out for a drive earlier.

We came round a bend and I had to swerve to avoid something lying in the middle of the road.I didn't notice whar it was but my OH shouted for me to stop that it was a cat lying there which had obviously been hit by a car. My OH is like me and couldn't just leave it there to be run over again and again, and also wanted to see if it had a collar on so that the owners could be informed. He got out of the car and went over to lift it on to the side of the road and he was gone for ages ( I had to park just round the bend so I couldn't see what was going on). Just as I was beginning to think he had been hit by a car he came back to the car in absolute bits. When he reached the cat, he bent down to lift it up, and when he touched it, it let out a little miaow. The poor thing wasn't dead yet, but he said there was blood pooling underneath it and its chest was all caved in. He thought about bringing it to the car to take it to a vets, but realised that as soon as he moved it it would die. He sat there in the middle of the road with it for 5mins just gently stroking it ( nearly being hit by numerous cars) and he watched the light just leave it's eyes as he passed. He then checked for ID, but there was none, so he gently placed him on the grass verge then returned to the car.

I hope his owners manage to find him and have some closure and I'm also thankful that the poor baby was shown a little bit of kindness in his last moments and didn't die alone. But also very broken up as my hubby is very upset at what happened.

RIP and run free forever little one!

Moli
26-09-2006, 10:37 PM
So Sad.....Poor little cat at least was comforted before he died....
RIP Little one..........

Mags
26-09-2006, 10:41 PM
How very sad Alex:cry: Your husband showed immense kindness staying with the poor cat when he knew there was no hope:cry:

RIP little one x

Kim
26-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh that is so, so sad. :( :( Well done to your OH, I am glad the little one wasn't alone.

dandysmom
27-09-2006, 02:36 AM
What a sad story; bless your OH for being there for the little cat ! Sometimes seeing all the pictures here of cats enjoying the outdoors I feel like a bad mom at mine being indoors only..but living in the City with heavy traffic, at least my girl will never die like that. I feel so sorry for the owners...:cry:

dinahsmum
27-09-2006, 08:58 AM
That was sweet of your OH!
If the body is still there today (ie. the owners have not found it) could you place a 'found' ad in your local paper/vets/village noticeboard etc. I've seen a few where it says something like Found, ginger cat, location, sadly dead, passed peacefully.
Papers usually take Found ads free of charge.
It might help if someone is missing him.

tilly
27-09-2006, 09:50 AM
How very sweet of you Husband to stay with the cat. I am sure it apprciated it and Heaven forbid mine was ever in that situation it would make it much less painfull to know that some nice person and stayed with them until the end.

Sally

alexgirl73
27-09-2006, 10:08 AM
We are going to drive past later and see if he is still there. If he is, will give what you said a try DM

yola
27-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh how tragic :cry: :cry: Poor, poor cat :cry: :cry: Your husband is a lovely man to do such a thing for an animal he doesn't know - bless him.

Naomi
27-09-2006, 12:47 PM
How sad :(

alexgirl73
27-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Went past and the cat has gone, so I hope that his owner was the one to find him. OH still very upset but I have told him that staying with him was a great kindness and that the cat was shown compassion in his last moments.

dinahsmum
27-09-2006, 02:37 PM
It's good that he has gone; let's hope it was his poor owners.
The notice might still be a good idea. Someone else, or even the council might have taken him (they are supposed to) and it might help the owners to know that his end, though sudden, was relatively peaceful and quick and he was not alone.

alexgirl73
27-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Will give it a go DM, thanks!

Sweet
27-09-2006, 02:46 PM
R.I.P. Little one x x x

random
27-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Poor little guy, I had a very similar incident with a dog earlier this year, in floods of tears reading this now, run free little boy :( xx

EmmaG
27-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh my how sad!! Good on your OH for showing immense kindness when others just drive by.

I would also inform the local vets as well just incase anybody has been looking for the little fella.

RIP sweet ginger

janey83
29-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Awww, thats really sad. im in tears.

R.I.P. Ginger. your owners will miss you.

Donna
29-09-2006, 10:55 PM
RIP Ginger x

Rosie
02-10-2006, 02:16 PM
What a wonderfully kind compassionate man your husband is.

binza
09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
that as really brought tears to my eyes, its good to know it had some one there to comfort it before it died, i would of been in pieces if that was me thats one thing i hate to see a cat in the road.
rest in peace little one:(