PDA

View Full Version : Would you take your cat shopping?

JemBob
25-09-2006, 03:52 PM
you see people with these pet bags that look like normal bags but there kitted out for your cat....would you ever take your cat shopping with you??

Naomi
25-09-2006, 04:41 PM
In a word......

No

random
25-09-2006, 04:46 PM
hahahahaha they would escape :shock:

JemBob
25-09-2006, 04:53 PM
well they cant get out there is a lead on the inside to keep them secure, I don't know tho I mean I wouldn't take oscar shopping but these bags look really comfy espically for hoilday uses

dinahsmum
25-09-2006, 04:55 PM
No - that's a silly celebrity sort of thing isn't it?
(Was going to be funny but read the 'reminder' so have stayed serious)
Anyway, I think that would be a silly and pointless thing to do. It's not as if the cats don't enjoy having the house to themselves whilst you're shopping.

Donna
25-09-2006, 04:59 PM
My cats would hate it - and they would not have fun noseying around the shopping bags when I return home if I took them with me!!!

alexgirl73
25-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Not a chance. I once tried a cat lead on Broxi and ended up with scratches up both arms, so I dread to think what he would be like stuffed in a bag. Anyway, the celebrities all have those little tiny dogs that become knackered after 10 yards of walking so the bags probably actually work for those types, but cats! NO.

Mags
25-09-2006, 05:26 PM
No way! It's bad enough taking her to the vet or cattery in the carrier:roll:

dandysmom
25-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Never, ever, no way!!!!! They would hate it!!

Booktigger
25-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Not intentionally, but have taken PEbbles round Asda - my friend had come with me, and she said she wanted 2 things from Asda and it was two mins from the vets. She took ages though!! I didn't think the greeters were going to let us in, as she was in a cat carrier.

Kim
25-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Definitely not!!!!

Elvisisboss
26-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Never ever! when i was younger i walked the cat to the vet, it was just round the corner, then he jumped out of my arms and ran away and couldnt find his way home for 4 days :( it was stupid and i learnt my lesson! cats are not accessories!

Hreow
26-09-2006, 09:13 AM
A harness might keep a dog in the bag. Strap any cat into a harness and give it enough time, and it will wriggle out and be off. I would object to strapping any being down, unless it is for emergency control or when under sedation for an operation.
Rover likes his travel-case and will happily spend time in it. When he chooses to. When I choose to put him in the case for transport, he will try to escape and will let me know (loudly) that he objects. I don't see him taking kindly to being shoved in a bag to go out shopping. (Nevermind that he hates traffic.)

Having said that, I know that there are soft, carry-cases designed to carry cats in the passenger cabin on flights. I may consider one of those, if I ever need to fly somewhere with Rover and can find an airline that permits pets to travel in the cabin. I would not consider it for daily walks, just purely for cat comfort if he must be confined for travel.

Sweet
26-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Mine only go in their carrier when were off to the Vets x

CathyW
26-09-2006, 01:09 PM
ive taken the boys into sainsburys, well the ladies loos there. i wanted to give them some water, it was hot we still had 1/2 hr b4 we got home. so called into the supermarket to sort them out, they where tiny at the time.
but to put them in a special bag and take them shopping er no, they would be frightened. they dont do strangers too well.

Emm
26-09-2006, 02:01 PM
these bags are designed only for dogs to be put into them not cats. It really annoys me when I see dog products being advertised as cat products as well.

It would be really dangerous to put your cat into one of those bags.

Rosie
26-09-2006, 03:10 PM
I would never dream of it but I know where I live there is a man that goes shopping with a parrot on his shoulder and another one that takes a ferret (I call them attention seekers). Takes all sorts:D

dandysmom
26-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Rosie, that made me laugh!!!

tilly
27-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't take mine as the moment they go in any carrier they leave smelly or wet reminders to me that they don't approve!! Also so they are nervous and would enjoy it.

So it a no from me

SAlly

yola
27-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Definitely not - far too stressful and messy :shock: !!!

Cats are not designed for putting in bags/carriers unless being taken to the vet . . . it just ain't natural!!! :shock:

Going off-topic slightly, there is this amazing shop in Beverly Hills; Fifi and Romeo that does dog accessories; including dog carriers! I bought a baby-changing bag from them when Dominik was born (a wild indulgence on my part), as they also do baby accessories (well, small dogs, small people - not a million miles apart ;) ).

John
21-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I think it would be much to stressfull for any cat

john

andrew021
27-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I have taken Jet in the car on short journeys. She loves lying at the back window or she will sit on the front passenger seat and look out the window.

Dont do it too often as I think its against the law to have an animal in the vehicle which is not secure as it could cause the driver to have an accident, in some way.

Into a supermarket, No Way, the noise would freak her out.