PDA

View Full Version : RIP babies

Booktigger
24-09-2006, 06:59 PM
i was posting on a thread on a different forum, and it got me thinking of how bad a year we have had for losses this year, so I thought I would post a tribute to them. I dont know all the names, and I may have missed some here, but these are the ones I can remember:
Rosie, she was a young cat who died on the operating table while being spayed.
Tina - a 20 yo Persian who had been with us for 2.5 years.
Sholley - another oldie, cant remember her age, we suspect she had some kind of cancer as she had a hard mass on her abdomen.
Litter of 6 kittens - sadly, the third the mum had had in a row, so there were always doubts on their future.
Mum and 5 kittens - can't remember why they were with us, but mum was really poorly by the time the kits were 4 weeks old, and the vet couldn't do anythign for her.
Plus we have lost a couple that have been rehomed, been vet checked for vaccs and died shortly after, and the vet is still trying to find out what is wrong with one of the kits.

Naomi
24-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Oh dear that is sad :(

So many babies in such a short time

alexgirl73
24-09-2006, 10:51 PM
RIP all of them, may they run free forever!

Emm
25-09-2006, 10:14 AM
that is a lot and so sad :cry:
at least they are in a better place now - no pain

dinahsmum
25-09-2006, 02:08 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Booktigger
25-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Gave the rescue a quick bell earlier, and another of the kittens we rehomed has died - only 9weeks old. Her sis is back with us, as the woman was scared she woudln't be able to pick up on the signs quick enough (she had diarrhea), but she is going back when she is fine. And our fosterer has lost her latest cat - that is 5 including the two kittens, just in the 3 months I have known her, I haven't spoken to her yet, dont know how distraught she is. Freya was young, but did have neurological issues, and had started weeing without knowing and her balance was getting worse, so they all agreed that it woudl be kinder to let her go now. As she had been taken to the vets a couple of months ago to be pts, at least she had that chance and had a loving home environment. RIP babies.