PDA

View Full Version : Major issues with Tom

Booktigger
19-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I had already e-mailed a behaviourist today as his spraying is getting out of control, and he came home covered in oil tonight, which I thought odd. 10 mins later, had a knock on the door, someone who lives on the street behind me asking if I knew of a large black and white cat wiht a collar on (they know I foster, so I always get asked if they want to know who a cat belongs to!!), so I said it sounded like Tom, she came in and looked, and confirmed it. Apparently he has been going on their street beating the two male cats up, but ignores the female cat. The other day he had one of them pinned to the floor, and biting him (never seen him do anything like that, he is normal more vocal than vicious), and tonight her cat has come home with a rip in his ear. I have got the rescue to agree to us covering the bill for this latest one, but obviously something needs to be done - in a way I am surprised it has taken him so long, the cat he has attacked tonight has lived round here nearly as long as Tom. She has suggested ringing the vet, but when i spoke to her the other week (Tom was left there to check for cystitis, he is clear - and according to blood tests, perfectly healthy), all she could suggest is hormone tabs, which I was trying to avoid by using Feliway and RR, but I have given him a tab tonight, and i am going to ground him tomorrow - although last time I did that, he sprayed in front of me. I have got her to agree to contacting a paper for an appeal, she is wary in case we get cranks replying, but she thought that about the rehoming page, and it hasn't. I just dont know what else we are going to do with him, he is advertised on 2 internet sites, posters at two vets, and I will be going to a local pet shop at some point this week, but the spraying is getting an issue (the person who came round did say she could slightly smell something), and at times it is like he is doing it to punish me (I slept in till 7.30 on Sat, so he sprayed up the curtains). Any advice/tips??

dinahsmum
20-09-2006, 09:46 AM
No advice, but wishing you all the best.

tilly
20-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Sorry but I don't nkow what to suggest to help. But all the best. Is he doing it to mark his territory?

Sally

Booktigger
22-09-2006, 12:44 PM
I think he is markig his territory - but it doesn't explain him spraying up my curtains while we were playing yesterday morning, as there was only me and him on the bed!! Still haven't been ablet o catch my neighbours in to find out how their cat is. There are 6 cats in my house, but I have had that no before and not these kind of issues, so i dismantled the cage yesterday (so now have a disgruntled Tiger), to see if that helps. Although last time I had this no of cats, there weren't as many on my street, we are up to 12 inc my fosters I think.