PDA

View Full Version : Well i think its time i confessed......

Luke
16-09-2006, 09:15 PM
..to the fact that, once old enough, the ginger with white markings kitten that i helped deliver from my aunts cats litter will be coming too live with us:)
After rehoming Elsa we vowed that one day we would have another feline....but probably a slightly older rescue. A little while after loosing Polly the house seemed so empty with two of my gang gone, in very different ways of course-despite the other three!
So we started to discuss another feline...whilst we knew it was far too soon after loosing The Lady herself, we knew it was wise to have a good long hard decision on the subject of another feline.
So the natural love of siamese i have shoned through and we agreed not too commit to anything but have a look. However, times have changed-and with them so have siamese, the type i liked (traiditional) are few n hard to come by, no offence intended to anyone with the modern show type-but they just aren't my type. Plus the fact IMO the good charcters of siamese have fairly changed through the years...so we decided, as we have done before that siamese were a no go, and so that chapter closed.
So we agreed a rescue of some sort...we had a look around the local shelters but there were none which had the pizaaz!
So when news came arouund that megan, the cat who adopted my aunt was unfortunatley pregnant again we did start too ponder...and agreed that we would consider taking a pair of little boys on from her litter when the time was right-a Maxwell and an Oscar:)
So the kittens were born yesterday as you know..i was there..and saw them all enter this world...and then as i said, i had to help deliver the ginger with white markings kitten...and i said as soon as i got it going, placed it on the blanket in the box and it raised its head and let out a loud mew (whereas the other two merely mewed slightly and waded around-this one was very noble) that this kitten was special and definatley "had arrived". There was just something there..i can't explain it..but as if it was meant too be-kismet maybe? The fact that we wanted a kitten..and i have a strong passion for gingers/ginger n whites...n that i brought the kitten into the world..and that from its first few breaths it was as if it owned the place..all seemed a bit too much of a coincidence. So we have decided that this kitten will be coming too us in seven weeks-and i will keep you updated regularly with pictures as the kit grows in the lead up to it joining the madhouse.
I refer to the kitten as it, as a question mark hangs above the sex of the kitten-at birth, i thought the ginger looked like a boy...but on inspection today it could very well be a girly! Either way it doesn't matter..if a boy it will definatley be a Maxwell if its a girl then that will take some thinking...
The timing seems right..Ralph is 6 months old in two days time..he's grown up a lot, but still with much more to do-and will do so with a kitten acomplus by his side-his cat chasing days actually seem quite far behind since the training disc method as reccomended by Dinahsmum n Borderdawn; Florrie misses Elsa insanley as they were best mates so i think a kitten would be ultimatley mothered by her as she is very paternal now she is growing older (2 in January), and Clementine well...she does seem too miss a feline companion-i think so anyway, and TBH i don't think she will particually care....when Elsa came she was most easy going n just the usual scraps at first...but looking back, these were quite obviouslly the beginning of Elsa's problems starting too unfold-anyway i digress.
So...thats my confession, however i think so of you may have gathered so already!:lol:

Naomi
16-09-2006, 09:55 PM
If you really think that Clemantine will be happy with another feline constantly by her side, then good luck.

dandysmom
17-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Luke, I confess I'm not surprised at all...had a feeling reading the post about your midwifery!! Just hope it will be OK with Clementine....

Moli
17-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Not at all surprised Luke...:D Ginger and whites are gorgeous kits, :D but then I am bias!!Hope Clem will accept it..:)

dinahsmum
17-09-2006, 09:10 AM
:shock: :lol: ;)
Enjoy!

Luke
17-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Well i thought you would have a vauge idea...but i thought i would tell y'all straight. I think Clem will be fine...she's quite an easy going cat, when Elsa came she was ok at first (how you would expect for a new intro), but as Elsa was quite timid and then when she played it was allways..i can't explain it, but it just didn't seem like playing too me! And then she got ill so had to be sorta kept away fromt he other pets bar when supervised..so the bond between the cats was never really forged i guess. By the time Elsa was on good form again..Clem seemed quite happy, and i remember how they could be all lovey towards each other one minute then Elsa would just seem to go 'strange' and a big fight would errupt.
I think it will go okay..if take slowly, not rushed, and done on Clem's terms:)

Moli
17-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Pleased for you Luke, I am sure if this kitten is confident, Clem will grow to love it...Now the waiting for 8 weeks...

Mags
17-09-2006, 10:54 AM
I had an inkling too Luke!;):D

I hope he/she will fit into your fur family quickly......

Donna
17-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Not at all surprised - hope this little kitty can get on with the rest of the gang.

borderdawn
17-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I am a bit surprised Luke, I would of waited, but I hope it works out and you had better get a decent name!
Dawn.

Sweet
17-09-2006, 09:47 PM
...Ive found the missing thread :)

Great news Luke, not sure if Ive missed any pics yet, I will go look now...but updates daily ;) please x

Booktigger
19-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Aww, congrats, cant wait to see pics, and I agree it sounds like fate - but please bring new baby home in 8 weeks and not 7.

John
19-09-2006, 03:50 PM
ginger and white Luke..my favorite..hope they all settle in well

john