PDA

View Full Version : My cat makes very strange noises!

girlracer68
15-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I need some advice/ reassurance about my cat Binkie. She's about 14 months old and we got her via the vet when she was probably 8 months old, and I think she must have lived with dogs before we had her, as she rolls over on her back to greet people and has a large vocal range. She grumbles and makes strange noises, often when she's happy as well as annoyed. She also swishes her tail but is not necessarily unhappy. We also have a 5 month old male kitten and since his arrival 3 months ago Binkie has become a lot more vocal. She seems to get very annoyed with the kitten, but will also play with him- is she likely to settle down and accept him eventually? When Binkie is being aggressive towards Wilbur, should I tell her off or just ignore it?
Thanks in advance!

dinahsmum
15-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Some cats are more vocal than others - some are almost mute. And I've met some great tail-swishers too! Think it may be like people - some are very animated and demonstrative, some aren't.
I don't think she'll hurt the kitten - they are just working out their places in the kitty-heirarchy. Could well be that Wilbur will end up 'top dog' :roll: when he's fully grown. He's likely to be bigger.

Naomi
15-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe she's become more vocal to remind you she's there. She may feel that is she is having to fight for your affection.

Moli still hisses at Timmy from time to time but she will also lie with him and give him a wash and give him a friendly bat about the ears. Moli hasn't become anymore vocal, she wasn't particularly vocal to start with tho.

dandysmom
15-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Some cats just do talk a lot ! Agree that she & Wilbur are working out the pecking order...doubt if she'll hurt him at all!