PDA

View Full Version : Cat rescue help

sambo
13-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I need some quick advice peeps regarding a cat that will be landing on my doorstep tomorrow she is a long haired neutered tabby havent a clue how old problem i have is i can't possibly keep her as i have 2 cats a kitten a rottweiler plus a hamster and fish.

She is a friend of my daughters cat that is in need of medical treatment not sure how bad until i see her tomorrow she is living outside as the owner doesnt allow her in the house and isnt supposed to be fed properly thats why i told my daughter to go and fetch it basically as over the last week i have had my daughter tell me that she needed to see a vet and that the owner can't afford it so i told her to go back and tell this stupid woman she can always take her along to the P.D.S.A for treament for a small donation and the owner has refused and asked me to take it in.

I want to find her a loving home but dont know where to turn next should i phone P.D.S.A, R.S.P.C.A or i was thinking of the cats protection league.

I am in the West Midlands if anybody has any advice for me or knows of a good home for her please let me know.

Moli
13-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Sam, I have just taken on a rescue, he had been roaming around my house for the past 6 months....The CPL paid to have him neutered and blood tested, now I am trying to introduce him to my 3 dogs and 4 cats....
I think CPL would be the best way to go, they will make sure she gets the treatment she needs, and find her a good home...Hope this helps.

sambo
13-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply i have searched there site for a contact number so i'll give them a ring tomorrow, any idea how long it takes for them to pick up.

Moli
13-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Think it depends if they have somewhere for her to go, there are a few members on here who do CPL, they will be able to advise you better...

dinahsmum
14-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Good luck Sambo!

yola
14-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Where in the West Mids are you? One of our members, Smudgely is a fosterer for Stourbridge CP and she might be able to help with more localised and direct advice. There are also several other members in and around WM who might be able to help (Kazz, BorderDawn)

Failing that, I would strongly suggest Cats Protection. RSPCA can euthanise heathly cats that re not rehomed within a certain period of time; CP will never do this.

Good luck and thanks for helping this poor kitty out.

sambo
14-09-2006, 12:25 PM
RSPCA can euthanise heathly cats that re not rehomed within a certain period of time

Crikey i didn't know this i live in the Willenhall area its near Walsall.

I'll let you know more when i fetch her later