PDA

View Full Version : One or two - your experiences

dinahsmum
11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Don't know if this has been run before - probably, but I don't remember it recently. :?
Anyway, if you have kitten experience, what is your opinion of having a singleton v twins, triplets or whatever?

Personally, I am really enjoying having the two together and seeing them develop their similarities and differences is fascinating. From what i remember of having kits one at a time, I think I am missing out slightly on the intense one-to-one affection but that doesn't mean the boys aren't cuddly - they are, and nibbley in Chester's case.
I think they get more opportunity to grow up as cats, rather than fur-baby, being able to scrap with each other.

Interested in your experiences.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_18.gif

Mags
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I've only ever had one cat at a time and I suspect I spent more time playing with it than if I had had two, when they would probably led each other on to mischief:D

Now human twins I could tell you a lot about!:roll:;):D

Naomi
11-09-2006, 04:35 PM
All my cats ahve come in 2's...

Moli & Sox
Salt & Pepper
Timmy & Ginge

Altho Moli was about 5 months old when Sox went missing she had got ehr own independance and was happy outside most of the time. It was fun playing with her on her own too

I love having them as a pair as they amuse themseves and are twice the fun...only downside is that it's twice the trouble aswell :D

Sweet
11-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Its great having Vincent and Mabel together, I also loved having Violet as a lone kitten before Mau Mau arrived then on the kittens x

Kazz
11-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Well my first cat Archie was a single kitten/cat and he was really loving and so friendly he'd purr as soon as I spoke even if it wasn't to him. However he was killed in a RTA before he was 1 so can't comment much past that but he was truely a loving cat.

However Oscar and Cleo came as a pair of kittens to me although I only went to get a "she" kitten (I didn't want another Tom after Archie thinking I would compare them) but Oscar and Cleo loved the kitten/cat games of chasing each otherrough and tumble an no fly/daddy long legs etc was safe. But and its a BIG but they have turned out to be as loving a pair of cats I've ever met. Maybe thats baecuase from our cats we get back what we put in. Kindness begets kindness.

CathyW
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
i loved having ronnie n reggie, they where and still are great fun, although now theres a bit of jelousy cant stroke 1 without the other wanting fuss :) spose thats why we are born with 2 arms n hands, so u can stroke 2 cats at the same time LOL

yvonne
11-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Errrr both!

I had Daisy and Poppy as a pair for 16 years along with Rosie the dog and even thought they were brought into the household within a couple of months of each other they were better on their own,i.e. one went in one door and the other went out the other, they never curled up/played with each other.
The 3 big cats we have now are much better together I think, they always eat together and played together and since when I had them I had to go back out to work full time I felt better about leaving them.
Now we have Geoffrey kitten who is so much younger he seems more like a singleton and I have to say he is the most loveing gorgeous cat who has ever graced us with his presence.
Yvonne x

dandysmom
11-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I've always started with just one cat, never two kittens together. later, I added ...new adult to existing adult,..,one pair became friendly, played & slept together...second pair, one adult female and another adult female who never really got along...then a kitten added to the two adult females; one female bonded beautifully with him; the other mostly ignored him. Am down to one cat now, Leia, and think she will remain an only cat; but when the time comes will definitely get two kittens! I think a single cat is more people oriented, but that's just my experience, It would be fun to watch two kittens growing up together & amusing one another.

Moli
11-09-2006, 10:11 PM
The only 2 I have had as kittens together are Casper & Oliver, they are very much joined at the hip, although they do want cuddles individually at times, but if one of them is out , the other ones goes looking for him...

Booktigger
12-09-2006, 01:19 PM
HAve only ever got cats as singles, and never from kittens (Can't see me ever doing to be honest), but I would like to have a pair in the future that cuddled etc. I have had fosters like that, and think they are wonderful to watch, and occasionally when mine sleep near each other it looks sweet.